LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

PMs showing up as opened/read

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 20 Mar 2012 03:55
Is anyone else having an issue where you send a PM and it automatically shows up as having been opened by the recipient, even when they're not logged in at the time? It seems the PMs I've sent this evening are immediately showing that icon, regardless of whether they have been read or not. I didn't want to directly PM Februs for help since I'm not sure the system's working correctly, thus I'm posting it here. Thanks.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 20 Mar 2012 04:12
I've been having problems with sending PM's and the recipient not getting them. However, they show up on the msg list. I wonder if the problem is connected. I have gotten PM's back from people who are not logged in as well. I have no idea what it is.

B

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 20 Mar 2012 04:29
Actually in a discussion with Februs the PM's show this way because of new anti-spam program he has put in place. If you watch the newly sent PM's for a while they will return to a "un-read" state shortly. I understand someone(s) tried to send everyone in the Library a spam PM so the new program was installed several weeks ago.

The only thing that is reading your message besides the intended person is the anti-spam blocker and as long as the message does not fit the criteria (whatever that happens to be I don't know) your message will go through unread by human eyeballs to the person it was intended for.

I am not sure i have all the techie language Februs can use, but basically that is the situation.

CS

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 20 Mar 2012 05:02
CS's explanation is basically correct. A while ago we had a couple of spammers attempt to mass message people on the site so I added some processes that attempt to prevent this. I didn't, however, bother to add additional icons for the intermediary status so they appear as read even when the recipient hasn't seen them. There's no cause for concern though as once they've been through the automated spam checker their status will appear once again as being unread and will be seen by the recipient. The whole thing has been thoroughly tested and has been in operation for some months now. Sometimes the spam checker will run instantly but on occasion there may be a lag before it kicks in.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 5
Clarity, insonia, kennykasparian, oxford, Plimsoll63
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9