The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Spankings in stories

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 01:15
Readers: how necessary is it for a story to have some sort of a depiction of an actual spanking for a spanking story to be satisfying? (the 'depiction' might describe the 'bouncing buttocks,' or give the dialogue between spanker and spankee, or give the spankee's reaction, or whatever). When I write, sometimes it feels necessary to include it, while other times, it feels almost like an intrusive add-on to the narrative. As a reader, do you feel 'cheated' somehow if there is no actual spanking?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 01:36
Just as in sex and in sex literature, sometimes the buildup to the event is far more exciting than the event itself.

Guy

elisa
Female Member

England
#3 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 01:37
There are a lot of things that do make that a story is satisfying. And for me there is not a list of things that have to or must not be in a story to make it satisfying. Sure I tend to more often read stories that have my preferred orientation and maybe tick some other boxes with respect to my personal interests. But on the whole I have noticed, while for example reading contest stories, that there are actually stories that I extremely enjoy but hardly tick any of the aforementioned boxes.

So I would say that I am more likely to enjoy a story if an author puts in the details that he/she finds fitting for that particular story.

blimp
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 02:13
I like spanking stories without spankings. I know often if you write a story like that you get the odd comment asking where the spanking is. Unless you are one of those rare people that actually enjoys severe pain, spanking and particularly canings enjoyment comes mainly from anticipation.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 09:37
I think it depends on the circumstances. On the whole, if a story has been building up for a long time to a spanking, with the bottom in question described but inviolate, I'd regret not getting some description of the sweet event. On the other hand, where a story takes a sudden, unexpected twist which leads to a surprise spanking (it being a spanking story, presumably a role reversal of some sort - A had been spanking B but suddenly B's to spank A, or the story appears to be about hubbie spanking wife but right at the end the noises attract a policewoman, who, when satisfied that the spanking was consensual, offers her own bottom, which is taken, then the impact of the unexpected twist is lost if the story then goes on with detail, however evocative.

So as with other things - my advice is to write what you think best, and "damn the torpedoes" (any Americans recognise that quote?)

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 17:32
blimp:
enjoyment comes mainly from anticipation.

I agree. Implying there is going to be, will be, or has been a spanking is often times enough. On the other hand..........

barretthunter:
f a story has been building up for a long time to a spanking

This is a good point. I would be disappointed if there wasn't a spanking scene. And then again........

If the story is going to mention more than one spanking; it is always nice to have at least one of them described in detail and the rest could be implied or described as to the authors choice.

I think barretthunter said it best.
barretthunter:
my advice is to write what you think best, and "damn the torpedoes"

(Isn't that a quote from a popular war movie. I have a feeling I should know this.)

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 17:49
I nearly always do describe the scene, not every one, but the major one(s). The reason is that my stories usually take time to build toward such a scene and it seems fitting to me to describe it. After a long back story that builds tension and/or anticipation to have it climax in "and then he spanked her" would be a letdown. On the other hand if the story is peppered with scenes and incidents, describing each one tends toward tedium. So as with everything else it's judgement and balance.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 18:25
Definitely like a good build-up(so we know why the spanking is happening), and a detailed description of the spanking(and the aftermath, especially how the discomfort in her bottom is handled).
But no long line of SMACK! SMACK! endlessly repeated.That is a real turn-off.
In the description of the spanking, include both the actual spanking and the reaction of the spankee.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 5 Jan 2011 00:09
anitalynn:
I think barretthunter said it best.
barretthunter: my advice is to write what you think best, and "damn the torpedoes"
(Isn't that a quote from a popular war movie. I have a feeling I should know this.)

Without researching it, IIRC Union Admiral David Farragut said "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" during the American Civil War naval battle of Mobile Bay in 1864--a Union victory that contributed to Lincoln's reelection a few months later.

However, the term "torpedo" meant "explosive mine" at the time, not an underwater projectile as fired by a submarine--so Farragut was telling his warship captains to attack regardless of the risk of hitting floating mines.

If there's a lot of description and exposition leading up to the spanking in a story, then I'd expect the chastisement itself to be described in some detail--it would likely be a letdown if it wasn't. However, it's certainly not impossible to write a spanking story in which the 'bottom-warming' activity is merely referred to and/or occurs either before the story begins or after it ends... --C.K.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 5 Jan 2011 01:01
CrimsonKidCK:
Without researching it, IIRC Union Admiral David Farragut said "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" during the American Civil War naval battle of Mobile Bay in 1864--a Union victory that contributed to Lincoln's reelection a few months later.

However, the term "torpedo" meant "explosive mine" at the time, not an underwater projectile as fired by a submarine--so Farragut was telling his warship captains to attack regardless of the risk of hitting floating mines.

I appears that you did not need any research. You get an 'A' in American History. (even though Farragut May not actually have uttered the words attributed to him)

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 2
caustink99, Fokus014, gamegirl507, JanusFanUK, john4, mobblers, Ree, sarahguyre, tomd
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9