The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

A Question for the Contest Entrants.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 29 Dec 2010 19:28
A story needs a beginning, middle, and end. In the story I submitted the beginning was implied and the ending wishful, with little happening in the middle.

Yes, it was more of a scene than anything else, but my writing tends to be episodic at the best of time.

Goodgulf

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 29 Dec 2010 20:42
Janine:
the first one (October Moonlight) was extremely difficult to scale back. I felt like I needed every word to contribute to the mood and setting, since it was a dream sequence.

October Moonlight is a beautiful story, but agree it needed more description. I would love to read it as you had originaly written it.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 30 Dec 2010 02:59
rollin:
Guy, I am in complete agreement on the scene/story dichotomy. By my definition, a scene is a description of a spanking incident---there is no point other than the incident itself.

I am in complete agreement with both Guy and Rollin on the difference. And I happen to think that a story ought to be a story.. Although I have to admit a couple of my 90-odd spanking stories are nothing much more than scenes, all the rest are stories. Lately, I'm even more about plot than I used to be. as I've tired of trying to find new words and phrases merely to describe the spanking. What's left is character development and plot, which I find far more fascinating. Even with my 500-worder, plot was essential, so much so that I (nearly) dispensed with an actual spanking. Despite the need to prune a few times, I found that it was quite possible to retain (what I thought to be) an interesting plot.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 30 Dec 2010 03:07
Just a note to say that if people who entered the 500 Word challenge have longer, more detailed versions of their stories then we'd be more than happy to load those too .. either with the same title accompanied by an indication that this is an enhanced version or, if the story has taken on altogether new dimensions, with an entirely different title.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 30 Dec 2010 03:30
Februs:
Just a note to say that if people who entered the 500 Word challenge have longer, more detailed versions of their stories then we'd be more than happy to load those too ..

A great idea. I'd love to read some of those stories.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
Adrian, mae3268, njrick, phillipuk, raygirl36, telmac69
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9