Another Puzzle

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#11 | Posted: 12 Jan 2011 10:49
Ok here are my answers...

PENNY THE POLICEWOMAN: Likes flowers, has a sweet tooth - cane, pink

TESS THE TEACHER: Instructs in Caucasian culture - Trainer, white.

SUE THE SCHOOLGIRL: Is mutinous, nautical and liberal in America - Cane, Navy Blue

NATALIE THE NURSE: Has an imperial arse and goes boating - paddle, purple

STELLA THE STUDENT: Moves second; needs to keep her jeans up - belt, black.

BRIDGET THE BRIDE: Likes bondage and heads for old men as tops - strap, white

TRINNY THE TRAFFIC WARDEN: Hangs about in caves and is an open book - bat, red

ANTHEA THE ATHLETE: Gets into storms and is cast up on a desert island - Maroon, Baton.

TERESA THE TENNIS PLAYER: Got on to the wrong coach and is stuck - Trainer Amber

JUDY THE JOURNALIST: Likes water but can't swim and likes pot - paddle, black.

SOPHIE THE SOCIAL WORKER: Went to Cambridge and believes in political discipline - light blue, whip.

ANNA THE AIR HOSTESS: Likes tropical paradises and is mildly left-wing - Palm, Pink.

SALLY THE SECRETARY: Is queenly but not very brave - Ruler, yellow.

GINNY THE GYMNAST: Rides a bike and comes last - wooden spoon, Green.

Whether they are all right or not, I really enjoyed doing it so thank you very much Barretthunter

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 12 Jan 2011 13:22
Ok, fess up - who gave her all the answers ?

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 12 Jan 2011 22:43
She got most of them unaided and confessed (hmm...never thought that way about that word before) to trouble with two or three, so I gave her, not the answers, but further clues, which was the way I helped one other searcher. It's a bit late tonight though it is deadline day (I spent most of the evening making chutney) and I'll post the reasons for the answers tomorrow. If anyone hasd alternative answers which can be justified and add up to the right numbers, they're right too!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#14 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 20:48
Briefly the explanations: some are obvious but some evidently not.

Penny: has a sweet tooth - cane sugar; likes flowers - pink is a flower
Tess: Instructs - trainer; Caucasian - white
Sue: Is mutinous - Mutiny on the Caine; liberal in America - blue is Democrats' colour; nautical - navy
Natalie: Goes boating - with a paddle; imperial arse - imperial colour is purple (cloaks etc)
Stella: Moves second - as black does in chess and draughts; needs to keep her jeans up - with a belt
Bridget: Likes bondage - with a strap; heads for old men as tops - old men's heads (tops) are often white
Trinny: Hangs around in caves - bats do this; is an open book - which has been re(a)d
Anthea: Gets into storms - when you batten (baton) down the hatches; is cast up on a desert island - maroon(ed)
Teresa: Got on the wrong coach - trainer; is stuck - like an insect in amber
Judy: Likes water but can't swim - so paddles; likes pot - pot black (snooker)
Sophie: Went to Cambridge - Cambridge University colour is light blue; believes in political discipline - the Whip is the MP or councillor charges with keeping his party colleagues loyal in votes
Anna: Likes tropical paradises - with palms; is mildly left-wing - pink (fully left-wing is red)
Sally: Queenly - a ruler; not very brave - yellow
Ginny: Rides a bike - environmentally responsible, green; comes last - gets wooden spoon.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 5
Balor, Ernest, Jakehampton, Kecskejani, MarkCF, markert, proudrc09, rickshaw, Robertz, sport625, TheStingfan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9