The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Your Best Work

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 06:12
Of mine it's probably Hypnosis. Even though it's M/F. I put a lot of work into it and it paid off. I actually won a story contest with it!

Caleb
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 12:02
2007 we were awarded a plaque for Invasion Army. This year it was Desolation...Rightegousness. So Either of those would be on my hit parade.
Others that I particularly enjoy are The Gift, Cupboard Love and Wednesday is Hump Day. LOL, I sound obnoxious don't I?

One writer who is overlooked by many is Cobweb and she has done some terrific stuff. I can't recall names of stories right now but I loved most of what she has written, even the M/F stuff which is saying a lot. Check her out if you get the chance. I don't much care for the rugby players but then rugby is not my cup o' tea. I like the footie.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 18:06
My best work? I haven't written it yet but I live in hopes!

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 19:12
A very difficult question. One of my favorites is the least read of anything on my page. The Ballad of Johnny and Charlie was written for a contest on another page, it didn't win. lol As much for the content as the construction, I just feel that it flows well. When I proof read, its for construction as much as errors in spelling and punctuation. I'm constantly editing, more times taking out excess words than adding unnecessary ones. Also a favorite is a serial titled Vinnie's Heart.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 20:48
I agree with those who've said it can be very surprising what gets a lot of interest and what doesn't. However, since I mostly post the same stories in two places - Flaming Cheeks and then SL - I can compare their fate on the two, and it's often different. There are different tastes to an extent - SL readers seem to have more of a taste for poetry and songs, for example - but sometimes I think it's just that one story gets the "Big Mo" - people comment on it, others read it, people notice it's made a bit of a splash and read it, while a decent story that doesn't get early attention dies early.

I find it very hard to pick my own best piece, and clearly it's very subjective - but I'm going for one that did quite well on FC but hasn't made much mark on SL, "East Meets West". It was certainly one of the ones I most enjoyed writing.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#16 | Posted: 4 Dec 2010 20:31
njrick:
perhaps in my case it's because the story isn't that good in anyone's estimation other than my own).

You know, I was thinking about that very thing, but from the other side. Some of my stories which I think are utter crap have attracted some comments, and some people even have them as favourites! I am thinking particularly of 'That Purifying Pain' which was one of my first efforts - it's rubbish, and I actually hesitated about submitting it to the Library at all. Purple prose and sentimental claptrap!

I have also been thinking about 'best' work again, and that's also difficult. Some of my stories are period pieces, some contemporary; some are serious, some light-hearted, some fantasy, sci-fi, fan-fic ... it depends on my mood at the time.

It's the same when I want to watch a film. Am I in the mood for 'Hamlet' or 'Toy Story', 'The Shawshank Redemption' or 'Mary Poppins'? It all depends.

kdpierre:
My best piece? "Montage" without question.

I wholeheartedly agree, kdpierre. I thought that a masterpiece. And if I didn't comment to that effect, I shall do so forthwith.

Edit: have now commented. I think I commented before, but on a forum thread, not on the story itself.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 4 Dec 2010 21:12
Linda:
Some of my stories which I think are utter crap have attracted some comments,

I've also had positive feedback on stories I haven't though much of. Very occasionally, upon re-reading, they're better than I remembered (this happened maybe twice), but usually the re-read confirms what I thought. I guess there's no accounting for taste, especially when it's bad.

Linda:
Am I in the mood for 'Hamlet' or 'Toy Story', 'The Shawshank Redemption' or 'Mary Poppins'?

There are certain different TYPES of movies (or stories) that are all good, and which I prefer may depend on my mood. And I can even enjoy a not-so-good movie (or story) without being under the misconception that it's 'good.' Very rarely does it happen with a BAD movie (or story), but every once in a while there is a movie that is SO bad that it becomes fun for that reason. I was just telling flopsy about one of these the other day, a campy horror movie entitled "Black Sheep" - it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Sarah89
Female Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 5 Dec 2010 03:10
I haven't written an abundance of stories, but I'd have to go with "Studying Woes and Wooden Spoons". One flaw of mine is that I tend to get too wordy when writing which makes the story drag a little. But in "Spoons", I managed to capture what I wanted to in a more concise way, and with better flow. It's weird that this is one of my best stories since it's my least favorite pairing to read (F/f) and one I wasn't even planning on writing. But I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Interesting what some other posters picked for their bests. This thread will make a great reading list when I'm looking for a good story.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 5 Dec 2010 13:02
Raptor, if you ever write a story to match that title, I would LOVE to read it. It sounds like something Bob Burden would come up with. For those who might not know, Bob Burden is the writer/artist of Flaming Carrot Comics. If you can find a copy, you might want to check out issue 13. In it, Flaming Carrot meets a group of "bad' girls. On page 5, one of them asks him, "...Wadya gonna do? Spank us???" On page 19, he tells the girls, "Line up for spankings." One of the girls is willingly laying across his knees, her jean clad bottom upturned, saying, "I've been EXTRA bad!""

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 5 Dec 2010 13:02
I think my Prudence stories are probably the best written, but they are far from being the most popular. They are period pieces and may have limited appeal for that reason.

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 10
Februs, greengold, Heroth, magegod989, mcfly108, MrHomewood, rindom, Rosse01, SpankFreak94, steve77, tjpros, Velentrius
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9