LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

bibliography

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
cfpub
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 24 Nov 2010 17:21
I just received a nice note thanking me for the listings of spanking scenes in literature. It is worth noting that it was Februs who did the heavy lifting of putting the bibliography in the most usable form for the Library and any thanks should by rights be directed to him.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 24 Nov 2010 19:18
How in the world did you find the time to do all this? You would have had to have haunted used paperback stores for years, pouring through the romance novel section, page by page...my mind is boggled.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 24 Nov 2010 20:56
This is very nice, thank you for posting it here.
I believe there is also a similar compendium of spankings in movies. Be nice to have that here too.
Speaking of movies, years ago read in a MR article on movie spankings about a movie called Kona Coast where it said that the girl received a hard spanking on her tight-fitting bikini.
So disappointing to find a few years ago that the spanking was interrupted, did not occur(she was only put in position) and that it would be a waste of time to try and find a clip of it.
I wonder though why the original article said what it did, that maybe there was an earlier film that included it, but the scene got edited out later, like for television.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 24 Nov 2010 21:54
Redskinluver:
So disappointing to find a few years ago that the spanking was interrupted, did not occur(she was only put in position) and that it would be a waste of time to try and find a clip of it.

Redskinluver. You will find that practice common in that era. Many publications & movies used this tactic to portray spankings. Even in the dedicated 'Spanking' magazines of the sixties and seventies you will simply find that the models were posed and makeup applied to give their butt's a colored appearance. The most interesting comment I've ever heard (and I have seen or heard several) is the story Eve Howard (founder of Shadowlane) tells of working these pub's and the shitty photos she used to have to edit and how she corresponded with Ed Lee (founder of Nu-West/Leda) to see if she could get work doing it for real. Nu West still offers the results in a vid entitled 'Eve Meets Her Match' that is a extended multi-spanking vid that was shot all in the same day. No wussy three minute takes followed by extended breaks. But shot strait through. Yea! There are exceptions, of course, but it's been a long, long journey from those days to now.

It is also disappointing that all those 'Mr.' Magazine letters to the editor that we all found so exciting at the time were also faked; written by a ghost writer. You would have to ask Steve just who it was as I have heard several names in that regard both here on this site and others.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 24 Nov 2010 22:11
I'd bet that the MR. letters were written by Will Henry. Either that or some writer who mimiced his style because the similarity in style and tone between those letters and his anecdotal books like "Spanking Today" is striking.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 25 Nov 2010 01:42
Yea rollin. That's what I heard too. But no one seems to know for sure.

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 25 Nov 2010 01:59
rollin:
How in the world did you find the time to do all this? You would have had to have haunted used paperback stores for years, pouring through the romance novel section, page by page...my mind is boggled.

I could say it's easy if you are sufficiently obsessed and started 30 years ago, and that is part of it, but more of it comes from following the advice of the Great Lobachevsky, "plagiarize ... but be sure to call it research." While some of the entries were indeed first found by your humble correspondant, more came from, usually witting, fellow fanatics who sent citations and lists to me. A practice I would encourage in fellow denizens of The Library. I will promise to update wenever I get a bunch and, perhaps, even give credit.

JohnS47
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 18:42
I always suspected that the Mr. letters were faked. I was never really sure if they were faked by the editors of the magazine, or if they were actual letters that they had received from readers who were just wanting to see their fantasies in print. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy them or look forward to next issue each month. I didn't really care if they were real or not. But some that stuff, while interesting and exciting, was a little hard to believe really happened.

But its funny to think back to the days before any of us ever imagined anything like the internet. Back in the 70s I went to a large university in a big city that had a lot of magazine/book stores scattered throughout. One of my favorite pastimes was to seek out these stores and browse through them. I would focus on the adult paperback section and flip the pages looking for the word "spank" or anything related. One rare occasion I would find one with a spanking theme. I remember thinking I had really hit the jackpot when I ran across Will Henry's "Hurts So Good." I had never heard of him at the time, and with me having a huge obsession with sorority paddling, I couldn't believe anybody had actually published something like that.

And I would go to the university library and go through the card catalogs. I would look up words like spanking, paddling and corporal punishment and write down the issues and pages numbers of all the periodicals that contained them. Then I would find the articles and see what they were about. I actually located the famous Utah State sorority paddling in the January 1941 Life magazine. If I'd spent half the time on my studies that I did trying to find spanking literature, I would have been a honor graduate.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 19:20
rollin:
'd bet that the MR. letters were written by Will Henry. Either that or some writer who mimiced his style because the similarity in style and tone between those letters and his anecdotal books like "Spanking Today" is striking.

It might have been Will Henry on many of the stories, but I believe that there were others that contributed to these stories, as well. I once had a large collection of Mr. magazines, as well as Sr. Even Penthouse Forum and Penthouse Letters. I no longer have them. Many of these stories were quite good.

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 20:04
Cross threading with the thread on identifying authors in the short story contest, I am quite certain for stylistic reasons that somebody or somebodies besides Will Henry wrote many of the Mr. Letters and I suspect that he wrote none of them from the 80's when the style and content changed radically (and the magazine eventually died).

Somewhat related, I have had the opportunity to reread most of the letters from the magazine's early days and was surprised to find them not as good as I remembered. I am not certain if this is because there is so much more out there these days than those and we, of at least I, would treasure any spanking nugget or simply that I was younger then and the world was fresher and brighter. I suspect it was a combination.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
davenhall, Derrick30, jimisim, mark19601962, taxman351, warthur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9