LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

500 Word & Winter Theme Picture Challenges now open

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#11 | Posted: 20 Nov 2010 21:20
Question: how is the word count defined? For example, is "wasn't" two words or one? My word count thinks it's just one. What about hyphenated words - one or two? Again, my word count seems to reckon they're just one word. I've written a bit, and these sort of differences will turn 500 words by the conservative count into what could be considered about 530.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 20 Nov 2010 22:08
barretthunter:
Question: how is the word count defined? For example, is "wasn't" two words or one? My word count thinks it's just one. What about hyphenated words - one or two? Again, my word count seems to reckon they're just one word. I've written a bit, and these sort of differences will turn 500 words by the conservative count into what could be considered about 530.

Wasn't, hasn't, didn't etc will count as one word.

Hyphenated words will count as one word.

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 20 Nov 2010 22:45
Februs:
Hyphenated words will count as one word.

Beware the dreaded:

spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank beast, well known for terrorizing innocent word counters.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 20 Nov 2010 22:51
cfpub:
spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank-spank beast, well known for terrorizing innocent word counters.

The stories get passed through a script before they get loaded which parses the text making various changes where appropriate. It's not foolproof but it would certainly get rid of the above and split it into its constituent parts.

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 00:07
Februs:
cfpub:

The stories get passed through a script before they get loaded which parses the text making various changes where appropriate. It's not foolproof but it would certainly get rid of the above and split it into its constituent parts.

That is a relief, I assume the script slays the Mumraths as well and I can sleep securely.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 16:44
Its, not it's.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 17:22
Oops BH be more precise:

The first it's as in "it's not foolproof" indicates the missing i, and is correct; the second it's in" it's (sic) constituent parts" is incorrect as it is or (it's) indicating the possessive and doesn't need an apostrophe.

At least I think that's correct as a mere scientist, perhaps English Master will confirm!

In playfully pedantic mood

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#18 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 17:34
jimisim:
perhaps English Master will confirm!

What makes you think The English Master is the only person who can use an apostrophe correctly?

Anyway, since the original error has now been corrected, the two previous posts are pointless.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 17:56
After long and careful deliberation I'd just like to say:

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 18:08
Februs:
After long and careful deliberation I'd just like to say:

That's one of the things I absolutely LOVE about this place - we can actually have intelligent conversations about spanking literature!

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 10
Alef, Smachtai, Spnkbare, yuntsuchen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9