LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

FWIW: my least favorite spanking theme

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
rollin
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 13 Nov 2010 21:22
Guy--yep. Workplace is one I left out and to this day it gets overused. And it is totally implausible given today's legal climate. There is almost no way you can make this work in a way that the reader can believe in it. Even if the subordinate asks for it, even if they have a romantic relationship, it's not plausible. Hardly a day goes by that the news doesn't have a story about someone fired because an office romance went south. And he spanked her too? The only thing punitive there is the damages award.

You'd have to set the story in a much less litigious period--the 50's or early 60's. Think Don Draper.

blimp
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 01:13
Guy:
Getting back to the topic, another subgenre I avoid is workplace spankings, though historical workplace situations may work for me. I guess that there's something about having been in a no-nonsense, politically correct workplace for so many decades that just makes a workplace spanking seem impossible to me.

Not sure I entirely agree Guy. I met a lawyer acquaintance in the street the other day and noticed the elegant young woman of about eighteen or nineteen he had with him. Maybe he noticed my eyes straying to his most attractive companion because he said charmingly, "My dear fellow, allow me to introduce my "naughty" secretary!" Unsurprisingly the poor girl blushed very prettily and having the sort of mind that I do, I wondered why!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 01:18
I've seen a few smacks delivered in the workplace. Admittedly it's only the occasional pop on the behind, but nothing was ever said about it that would lead to legal action. Most of my stories seem to exist in this strange alternate reality where to a certain extent this sort of thing is acceptable. Someone once made the comment about The Spank Shop that it's written as if it's in the real world and that they thought I made it sound real, but at the back of their mind the entire time they knew it was totally bogus. Bared Affair was much the same, we all know/knew the articles were total farce, but they were written and presented as if they were fact.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 04:27
The stories I can't bear are the ones where because of something 'she' has done wrong, she is told to expect a spanking from 'him,' and so has to go prepare for it (get undressed, stand in the corner, etc). Because it's the umpty-billionth time she's been spanked by him, she knows exactly what to expect; she fears it, but also but also knows it means he loves he. Yawn! First, not only does the reader know exactly what to expect (except maybe the spanking details, but since the spankee (and spanker) know exactly what to expect, where is there any tension (or plot) to hold interest?

I'm guilty of a few workplace stories myself, but try to include some element that makes it plausible, at least with a little suspended disbelief. Perhaps I fail.

I suppose if I looked, somewhere or other I have Silly Goose elements in stories I've written, but since I don't really like reading that type of story, I hope they're not too blatant.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 16:23
njrick:
...and so has to go prepare for it (get undressed, stand in the corner, etc). Because it's the umpty-billionth time she's been spanked by him, she knows exactly what to expect; she fears it, but also but also knows it means he loves he. Yawn! First, not only does the reader know exactly what to expect (except maybe the spanking details, but since the spankee (and spanker) know exactly what to expect, where is there any tension (or plot) to hold interest?

I understand exactly what you are saying; I just don't necessarily agree. In virtually any real-life situation where spanking happens more than once, there is an element of (call it what you will) "routine", or "ritual", or perhaps just "usual procedure". So adding an element of this into a story is one of the most "real" things a writer can do. In fact, without some of these elements of normalcy, premeditation, or previous agreement between spanker and spanked, a spanking can feel more like an assault.

As for adding enough plot and twists, and color, and psychology etc. elements to make a "formula" story interesting to the reader, that's up to the author, and (In my opinion) that's exactly what readers are looking for.

Also, don't feel bad about about having written workplace stories. If you can make them work, more power to you! Having criticized the genre, I have one in mind that may just get written. Never say never!

Guy

Sarah89
Female Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 16:35
Personally, I don't like stories that involve real people as characters, usually celebrities who end up getting spanked. They turn me off because the plots are usually overly unrealistic (for example, the celebrity appears out of nowhere and consents to a spanking) and I don't believe in using real people in any kind of fictional story, with or without spanking.

Another thing I won't read is discipline stories with sexual elements, such as a scenario where the spankee is made to completely strip before his or her punishment. I know it's fiction, but I can't help but feel grossed out by something that would be considered abuse in real life. I don't have a problem with sexual stories that have a "discipline" theme, but anything considered real punishment should not have any kind of sexual component.

I also agree that workplace and Silly Goose stories are often dry and unrealistic, though there are some exceptionally good ones.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 17:45
I don't care for a lot of explicit sexual content in spanking stories either, stuff describing what body part did what to another body part.
And I do not like father/daughter stories, regardless of the age of the daughter. A father spanking his teenage or college age daughter is just creepy. Might say I don't care for the implied incestuous element.
Yes,I feel the same about mother/teenage son spankings.
On the other hand I love the nonsexual F/F maternal discipline type stories, like so often appeared in Bared Affair.
As for fantasy stories involving celebrities I like them but agree with the point made that they often appear to be totally unrealistic. Or get into a level of sadistic brutality that is horrific(I've seen some involving Paris Hilton punishment that fit that description).

Sarah89
Female Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 20:35
Redskinluver:
And I do not like father/daughter stories, regardless of the age of the daughter. A father spanking his teenage or college age daughter is just creepy. Might say I don't care for the implied incestuous element.
Yes,I feel the same about mother/teenage son spankings.

I agree with that completely. I understand the appeal and know it's fiction, but I won't read anything where a father spanks his teenage daughter or a mother spanks her teenage son. It's just too inappropriate, especially the father/daughter ones.

I do, however, like F/f and M/m stories, even though I don't condone the spanking of teens in real life.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 21:45
Guy:
Hopefully most of us here can draw a sharp (or at least useful) distinction between fantasy and reality. I think you will find that the folks here are more socially liberal that the general population, and thus are less likely to believe that males are inherently morally and intellectually superior to females. Yet the simple fact is that we spank far more females in our stories than males. Why? Because that's apparently our favorite fantasy! But our fantasies and our belief systems are two very different things.

This is SO true! I'd hate to think that some of the things I find amusing or sexy in fantasy could become the norm in reality. In actual action, for example, I'd be marching with the feminists in the story "The Colour Pink" (if they'd let me). I also realised with interest that my stories, and many of my characters, are strongly influenced by class - yet in real life I don't care about class, I don't care what class if any people think I'm in, I tend to believe that foreigners exaggerate the influence of class (as opposed to simly the influence of money) on British society, I can chat or work happily with toffs or workers (as long as they don't try to impose a class identity on me). But class is a key element in many of my spanking stories! Why? Don't know - but it expresses an aspect of my fantasies, not my beliefs or the actions that flow from them.

As for the rest of the discussion, I too dislike stories based on some rather sordid misdeed coming out - but I think the main thing that emerges from this discussion is that we have a great variety of tastes (I nearly tyoed "testes"!), and whatever your kink is, some other people of both sexes will share it and others will recoil from it. To recoil is not NECESSARILY to condemn.

blimp
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 14 Nov 2010 22:43
barretthunter:
I'd be marching with the feminists

I agree, I like feminists, as long as they have a sense of humour. Let's march with the feminists anyway! One thing I cannot stand is male chauvinist attitudes. I don't mean fellows sitting down and relaxing comfortably on the sofa whilst the woman does all the work! After all that is only natural and I am inclined to be appallingly lazy myself. No, what I cannot understand is those males that feel women are inferior intellectually.

If that is so why do I always lose at scrabble? Answer fewer questions correctly when watching University Challenge? Take twice as long to do simple tasks!? Find it impossible to do more than one thing at a time!?, Never ever, even once, get to finish the Times crossword without help!!!?

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 10
Darkzone, fcollins931, Howabout, jevv, millgreen, mobblers, peterm
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9