Musings from a budding writer

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#51 | Posted: 26 Feb 2023 07:53
astrosmurf:
And morn morn, by the way.

Morn morn, Astrosmurf! For the rest of you: "Morn" is short for "god morgen" (good morning), but it's so short that we usually compensate by saying it twice.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#52 | Posted: 26 Feb 2023 08:15
I think ops's description

opb:
One of the functions of story telling and fiction in general is to explain what people are like and what living is like; 'the human condition' as it's often called.

captures much of what I was trying to say: I would definitely like my serious stories to say something new about what people are like and what the human condition is. On the other hand, some of the stories my spanko self really loves (and some of the stories I have written myself for entertainment only) are pure escapism. They do not attempt to say much about the world we actually live in, but describe an alternative universe where spanking is all we would like it to be, i.e. an efficient method of correction that leads naughty boys and girls (of all ages) to mend the errors of their ways - and even be grateful for the stripes across their bottoms. One may of course say that describing the alternative worlds people are fantasizing about is also a way of contributing to the general description of the human condition, but it is definitely a rather indirect one.

opb
Male Author

England
#53 | Posted: 26 Feb 2023 18:43
Whilst it is an indirect way, all you have to do is look at the many genres of fantasy story, the swords and sandals, the space opera, the dragons and elves type to see that the action is placed there so as to free the writer to tell the story of the characters at one step removed so there's not the distraction of the idea that it's not realistic.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#54 | Posted: 26 Feb 2023 21:06
opb, since I already enjoy fantasy and sci-fi stories, that may be one reason I can lose myself in spanking stories more easily.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#55 | Posted: 27 Feb 2023 18:49
opb:
One of the functions of story telling and fiction in general is to explain what people are like and what living is like; 'the human condition' as it's often called.

While I've written some stories simply for fun and entertainment, I've also written some that took on some pretty serious subjects, such as false accusation of sexual harassment, cheating in school, bullying, and an orphan girl finding a real home with parents who love and want her. Of course, wrongdoing is dealt with in the time honored fashion we are all about.

astrosmurf
Male Member

Denmark
#56 | Posted: 4 Mar 2023 01:23
Alef:
Morn morn, Astrosmurf! For the rest of you: "Morn" is short for "god morgen" (good morning), but it's so short that we usually compensate by saying it twice.

Do Norwegians actually ever say "morn morn"? I mainly know the expression from Marve Fleksnes, and as much as I personally identify with him, I'm thinking he is probably not truly representative of Norwegians on the whole.

Alef:
I would definitely like my serious stories to say something new about what people are like and what the human condition is.

stevenr:
While I've written some stories simply for fun and entertainment, I've also written some that took on some pretty serious subjects

I'm curious, do you set out to write stories that say something about the human condition (Alef), or take on serious subjects (stevenr)? Or is it something that happens more accidentally during the writing process?

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#57 | Posted: 4 Mar 2023 02:31
astrosmurf:
I'm curious, do you set out to write stories that say something about the human condition (Alef), or take on serious subjects (stevenr)? Or is it something that happens more accidentally during the writing process?

For me it can be both, at times I start out to make a bit of a statement, sometimes the story dictates that it's something I need to do.

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 8
addie87, averam300, buffalotom, tag777
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9