The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Is there anything else?

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 13:39
Following Myrkassi's example, I took a look at my own stories to see which of them didn't fall into any of your three categories. Just skimming through alphabetically, I found:

Adele's Comeuppance
Birthday Girl
A Brush with Fame
Dalliance with Dani
Emma - The Lost Version
First Date
The Girl Upstairs
Hot Enough for June

... and that only gets us to H....

Could it just possibly be that you're not searching very hard?

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 14:50
"trolling the waters" is a fishing term where you take a lackadaisical approach to fishing. I know there is the interwebs definition is primary on forums, but I would hope the proper usuage would not be completely dismissed.
Out of the, what is it, 10,000 stories, I would think a sorting that narrows it down to a mere 6,000 stories and still hitting the 3 stated subtopics, is "simplistic". I had no intention of making anybody butthurt, by stating the obvious.

I don't consider boyfriend/girlfriend or girlfriend/girlfriend as being family so therefore I'm looking for possibĺy those stories. The dynamics of family/school or work is usually where a person in charge takes forceful action over someone subservient, or via extortion. Aĺso worth mentioning in that vein is revenge. So in otherwords, non-consensual (even that is a nebulous category, because unless the spankee is an old hand at getting spankings, there is always a point in a consensual spanking where the spankee thinks "wait a minute, this isn't what I thought it would be!"). I'd rather not say further than that because I'd rather try to be open minded on what might be an interesting story. Yes, I'm aware that you can search for non-teen/younger character stories, BUT the results MIGHT be authors that wrote a handful of stories of adult (potentially non-family stories, and yet they still might) characters, but the search will not sift out stories with teen/child characters, and thereby STILL you must go through pages of what you did NOT want to find what you do.

Most times a search is supposed to REDUCE having to manually sift through the results. Shouldn't it? Otherwise, people would just open each story and roll the dice on whether it's their cup of tea, or not.

KDPierre, I'm sorry, but sayìng 1/3 of the... 100? (just a guess) ...stories you have that doesn't fall under fall under those three subcategories reduce my search-time, which is why I was asking. It would be highly lazy of me and a different story (no pun intended) if you only had 9 stories. I didn't expect anybody to list EVERY applicable story in their list. That would be insane, and asking too much. But if I got 10 people who gave up one or two suggestions each, then I'd have more than enough prime choice stories to read. Uh, yes, non-domestic spankings would be desireable, but I'm not sure I follow how it can be family, but not domestic.
Are you saying a stranger that get's spanked by two people of the same family? Well, that might be different enough. I'd try that, but if it's one newlywed being spanked by her (family) in laws, then I'd call that domestic. I find the whole "work" stories from the same perspective, and I was never a Human Resource manager myself. Believability goes straight out the window.

I think that also answers your question ChardT. I'm not trying to limit my possibilities for example to machine self-spankings, which I think it was Glagla who said it elsewhere; is a horribly small niche here.

curioserto, I'm still learning how to use the "21 bookcases", but otherwise, I use the same hunt and peck method you describe. I guess I've been less successful as you.

opb, it might be an exception for a self employed person who has pratfalls that befall them in the course of their vocation. This is why I tried not to say exactly what I'm looking for. Let's say I'm not looking fir the dark, manipulative, coercive, "give them what they deserve!" storylines. That said, I remember a delightful story about a boss of a car wash who accidentally gets trapped in her own carwash (at work) and ended up getting an unexpected machine spanking.
Would it make sense if I said it's the actions and not the locations that I'd rather not read about? I mean, because you get a spanking at home, doesn't necessarily mean it was a family scenario. Do you get me?

Look folks, I'm not trying to be difficult. Like anyone else, I'm just looking for helpful suggestions to find what I like. And since I'm STILL learning how to use the search engine here (how many years later?) so anything to simplify things from my end would be greatly appreciated.
It's just that I noticed several of the last synopsises... synopsees? ... of stories I started to read described a great story I knew I'd like, but instead the actual story did a 180 and went in an entirely different direction. Like; "Wait! What happened to that brilliant story I thought I was going to read?!? Did I click the wrong story???""

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 15:06
Searching my stories and snippets onky (leaving out my handful of serials and my songs), I found that 97 of the 156 (or 62%) are classified as workplace, domestic or school (or multiples of these). Twenty-two of those really are not "about" job, school or "family," with only passing r3ference to a job or school, or with a "domestic" spanking not including "family," and other 11 being "domestic" and "family" only in that they involve husband and wife, but only with them enjoying a favorite pastime and never with one spanking the other as "head of household" such that they are really about a relationship (which could just as easily be unmarried romantic partners. That leaves only 64 (or 42%) in the three categories you are trying to avoid, and even many of these have themes that I consider so far from the norm in the category that someone looking for something different MIGHT enjoy them

Clearly there are authors here with a body of work almost exclusively fits on the "family" or "school" categories, and if that's not your "thing," than you can easily learn to avoid them. Most of my favorite authors (and certainly many others) have a variety of themes such as I do, and you can always browse the bookshelves (separated by category) or just check the synopsis to find "something else."

I suspect you're just not trying very hard.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 15:24
PhilK, great! thanks for the suggestions, and to everyone else that supplied their suggestions.

not hard enough... too hard... overthinking it... looking to be spoonfed... I can't say. Ever try to use google and get search results nothing like what you wanted? That's one reason I loved using AskJeeves, you just would write it in plain english. With google it's all boolian (certain parameters that get you better results, but you already have to know what boolian is in the first place and use it properly. Otherwise...)

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 16:28
Is it possible you folks already know what's on your lists, and therefore easily pull out what qualifies? would you feel as equally at ease looking through 200+ stories by another writer, and going over each synopsis, one at a time (even the serials, because one chapter of a serial doesn't define every other part of the serial)? Then multiply that by as many writers are here?
I challenge you to open up 5 of the most prolific writers here, then painstakingly go through each story synopsis, looking for a specific interest (ignoring gender, implement, and age). Then tell me how not daunting it is. That's what I go through each and every time I log in and look for stories. So "not hard enough"? Hardly. Not using the supersecret ways only some know about to make my life easier? yeah probably.

My intent was not to bitch about the search engine here, I couldn't help mentioning it because I was trying to forestall the inevitable "well why don't you use the search engine to find what you want?" type of responses.

opb
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 16:37
I do appreciate that you're not trying to be awkward, and I agree that workplace scenarios lack credibility : so indeed, for myself, do DD sort of stories, despite being assured that there are folks out there who do adopt these domestic systems. I do like a school story though, the implacable nature of the imbalance of power adds something.
So here's a few suggestions from my own oeuvre which might not fall into those most common of categories which you may enjoy.
The Tale of Gillian
No Pain, no Gain
Wyrd Sisters: Iris and the Navigator
The Tale of Rosie Bottom
The Bare

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 17:57
It occurred to me after my previous post to liken the situation to a bookstore or bricks and mortar library, and how I find books of fiction I like there. There is no search function to sort out fine distinctions in story type that, beyond very broad categories (sci fi, romance, etc). So how do I doit? I rely on recommendations if friends and reviewers, going back to authors I like, reading synopses and review snippets on the jackets, and occasionally reading the first few pages. You can essentially do the same here - returning to authors, reading the synopses, getting recommendations in the forum, and reading the first portion.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 19:17
kdpierre:
I would think boyfriend/girlfriend or girlfriend/girlfriend, etc. stories of various dynamics and age-ranges would be a pretty huge category outside of your "not list". Or even "just friends" stories where the people are neither related nor in a relationship? In a quick review of my own stuff, I found about a third focused on things other than school, work, or family......in fact I don't think I've ever done some absurd "work" story since I used to be an HR manager and work stories are way too out there for me to suspend my disbelief. However, despite having stuff that I believe would fall into ....or out of....your search, I would not recommend them, since I do not think you'd like them. But if friend stories work, I'm sure there are plenty of others you might enjoy.

Also, by 'family' do you mean that the spanking is a typical domestic act or are you averse to stories where people might be related but conducting spankings in an entirely different context? Like say two sisters spanking an older woman as part of a consensual arrangement?

That's a terrific story, "An Age Thing," one of your very best, I'm figuring that it should appeal greatly to anyone enjoying F/F and/or role reversal accounts--I think you're underestimating some of your work's appeal. Since the sisters don't live in the same household, nor do they engage in any spanking action with each other (although the older one mentors the younger one in her paddling of their middle-aged spankee), I certainly wouldn't define it as "domestic" despite the family relationship.

Your "just friends" stories are among the best of those types which I've read. "The Friend" nicely explores a close friendship which has eventually developed a strong D/s aspect to it, from the perspective of the submissive friend--however, there's no direct description of the actual spanking which occurs, thus that might disappoint some readers.

There are certainly plenty of "romance" subgenre stories which are boyfriend/girlfriend, girlfriend/boyfriend and girlfriend/girlfriend, although if the unmarried partners live together those accounts could arguably also be classified as "domestic," I suppose.

This Library has an excellent search engine, it's simply not an "avoid engine," it's designed to help readers find the kind of literature they wish to read, not to help them stay away from that which they don't desire exposure to. Still, a validated work has several indications of its content, including the synopsis and subgenre classifications, which could be employed to avoid certain types of literature.

Of course, "realism vs. pure fantasy" is a separate issue... --C.K.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#19 | Posted: 5 Dec 2021 21:21
If we are into making lists, here's mine:

The Tire and the Belt
Sunstroke
Aloof
A Feeling of Emptiness
You're a Mean Old Daddy
Tantrums
The Violin
Paradoxes
A Guided Tour of the Island
Not Even Lying
Late Summer
The General
The Turning of the Tide

(and there are many others where the importance of school, work, and family is negligible).

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 6 Dec 2021 12:10
CrimsonKidCK:
-I think you're underestimating some of your work's appeal.

Thank you for saying so, but please remember that while you have always seemed to like my work, you are in a minority. Lonewulf has been here a long time as have I. I would think after ten years or so of pieces going up, contests being entered, and references (like yours now) popping up in threads, or even just as someone checking out a person's work after an exchange on a forum topic, that someone who would like my stuff would have found it by now. I don't think I have ever received a comment from this particular person in all that time and that's fine......but it does lead me to think my stuff is not what they are after.

But I again thank you for your continued support, acknowledgement, and most of all......kindness.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 11
Bump, Femtedd2, welovemysty
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9