The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

NJRick's "Six of the Best" Challenge - Round 7: Historical Fiction

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 3 Nov 2021 16:53
I'm back again with Round 7. And yes, I realize how excited everyone must be.

The theme this time is "Historical Fiction." There's no reason to get hysterical. There are hundreds of selections to choose from right on the LSF bookshelves, or to be found using the search function and the "historical" subgenre. Easy, right? Or, pick ANY story clearly set in the past (several decades or more) that the validators may have missed. (Hint: check out the "100 years story-writing challenge, for which stories had to be set 100 or more years in either the past or the future). AND, to make things even easier, as for many of my previous "Six of the Best" rounds, only THREE of the six submissions need to have this theme. Choose anything else you want for the other three.

A refresher on the basic rules: each participant must suggest a total of six stories via a post here on this thread, with no two of the six stoies having the same author. The give title, author, and a very brief description of the story or why you enjoyed it. It's helpful to provide length and orientation as well. Further suggestions (not rules!) were provided in the original NJRick's Six of the Best Challenge" post.

Would-be participants are also encouraged to provide responses on the appropriate threads for the earlier rounds (humor, Xmas, sci-fi/fantasy, etc) to be found on recent pages of the storyboard section of the Forum.

I look forward to reading stories suggested by our members. Get to it!

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 5 Nov 2021 15:45
Ok, not all of these are strictly 'historical' as they're set in the worlds of myth and legend. But they're definitely 'set in the past', so with luck they qualify. Hope so, anyway.....

(Oh, and they're not in order of preference, just in the order I dug them out.)

1. 'The Real Story of The Castle & Sir Galahad', by Quillis. What really should have happened in that Monty Python movie.

2. 'Clarissa', by Ruegirl. Period not specified, but seems to be Victorian England.

3. 'The Seer', by flopsybunny. Mythical, magical and delightfiul.

4. 'The Tenth Muse', by Linda. Set among the Greek gods - as always, a randy and misbehaving bunch.

5. 'Perfect Union', by KFR. Set during the American Civil War.

6. 'The Hidden Rite', by Goodgulf. Again, spanky adventures in the world of myth and magic.

I've also written quite a few historical spanking stories myself - but modesty forbids....

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 5 Nov 2021 16:54
Just read another candidate: 'The Schoolgirl Spy' by KatiePie, set in early WW2 London. Does 80 years ago qualify?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 5 Nov 2021 20:48
@PhilK

Instructions say several decades or more, so WW2 era definitely counts.

(And if I didn't, what am I going to do - un-post your reply? It's not like I'm Februs)

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#5 | Posted: 7 Nov 2021 19:54
This was difficult! I don't have a separate category for historical fiction in my mind, and I am sure I have missed many worthy candidates, but here are at least some I have enjoyed:

Phil K: "The Secret Portrait" (M/F, 5060 words). One of my favorite from the 100 year challenge. Set at the time just before the First World War, it depicts a sensual and depraved world of upper class leisure and arrogance, but the arrogance does have it cost, at least for one young lady. But she doesn't seem to mind overmuch.

Artofzee: "Aunt Elizabeth's Parlor" (M/FF, 6941 words). Another favorite from the challenge, set about the same time. A sensuous and beautifully written tale of female masochism. Does it run in families?

W. Arthur: "Death of an Emperor" (M/F, 2847 words). What caused the death of Roman emperor Claudius? A new and exiting theory involving an empress, a spanking, and some steaming sex.

Guy Spencer: "Hardscrabble" (F/f, 3373 words). A very realistic, brutal, but still heartwarming story from the depression in North Carolina, written in a terse style that fits the subject and the atmosphere perfectly.

Watcher: "Roundheads and Cavaliers" (M/F, F/F, 6541 words) A tall tale from the English Civil War, but beautifully written and likely to push a few buttons in most spanko minds

Katie Pie: "Spanked in Spain" (M/F, 4438 words). An amusing tale of the Spanish Civil War, quite unlike any you have read before.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 15 Dec 2021 18:33
Here are my contributions:

The Artful Salesman by Cal33. I guess you can argue if this one is old enough, but I picture it somewhere in the rural mid-west in the 1930s or so. An excellent story about a crafty salesman of spanking implements who can turn the head of just about anyone and get the straps working bare bottom.

Six and the Maiden by OPB. What can I say? A marvelous way with words, bringing authenticity to this semi-fantasy rooted in medieval Europe. The language, the plot as well as the spankings are all exquisite.

Tamed by the Barbarian by Dr. Keate. Isn't the title alone enough to make you want to jump on this one? I can smell uppity noble-born lady getting her comeuppance from far away. I just wish the entire story had been posted here and not only the annoyingly exciting excerpt.

Nightmare on Easy Street by Dr. Keate. Uhmmm, not very politically correct I presume, but disregarding from current political correctness, just imagining this massive rally of pious ladies being stopped and no less than 150 women ending up spanked unfairly, well, what more can you ask for?

Afternoon Wine by John Benson. Might fall under the fantasy segment though, still a great story of another very noble lady ending up red-bottomed, this one masquerading as a slave, going out on the town and getting more than she bargained for, or was it really more?

And finally the shameless self-plug:

On the Origin of Hairbrushes Part 1 and 2 by Gloup. This is honest to God exactly how it happened when this wonderful implement was invented and first was put to its actual intended use, i.e. heating bottoms.

Happy reading to you all!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 27 Dec 2021 17:27
My turn!

Derriere in Red, by Diana Miller (M/F, 760). I just had to recommend this recently-loaded story by a new author wherein an 18th century artist is distracted by his model as he attempts to complete one of his signature paintings.

Mona Lisa's Smile, by Chrissie (M/F, 2,023). As you can see, I'm all about art! And now we know the story behind that famous smile.

Lovely Clara, by Ginger (M/F, 3,546). After teenaged Clara takes a well-paying job at the Everleigh sisters' upscale establishment in 1903 Chicago, she is surprised at the range of services expected of her.

Inn Wench, by KJM (M/F, 2,190). A traveling knight demands favors from the wench who serves him at an inn.

The Scourging of Serafina, by Linda (M/F, 1,657). Prince Maximilian is more than a little distressed to discover the cruel side of his betrothed, the Princess Setafina. Will his reaction imperil the alliance between their respective countries?

The Evolution of Spanking, by Raptor (M/F, 879). Upset that his mate Gronk plans "finch and chimps" for dinner yet again, Thag searches for a way to impose his will - without resorting to using his club to her head, which could leave her unable to cook at all.

And as the inititiator of the challenge, I shall once again use that authority to bend the rules and submit a 7th offering -

Schrodinger's Kat, by Rick Marlowe (M/F implied, 647). Spanked or not? With inspiration from an unexpected source, the eminent physicist derives his famous illustration of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 28 Dec 2021 12:17
njrick:
My turn!

A wonderful selection nj, which of several had gone under my radar. Thanks for the contribution.

DianaMiller
Female Author

Netherlands
#9 | Posted: 28 Feb 2022 15:12
I hope it's okay to come very late to the party:

The General, by Alef (M/F, 2,448). Period unclear, but definitely not modern times. An invading general takes a young woman under his protection.

Eleanor and the Vicar, by Neil (M/F, 2,339). Set in Victorian England. The yet unmarried Eleanor and the vicar use different reading materials to secretly indulge in their spanking interest. One day when visiting her, the vicar finds out about Eleanor's interest.

The Conquest, by Margaret Jane (M/F, 3,499). Set in 11th century England. Duke William of Normandy convinces Princess Matilda to accept him as her husband.

Jack the Whipper, by BashfulBob (F/F, 3,960). Set in Victorian England. Lady Constance is brutally caned as the latest victim of the mysterious Jack the Whipper.

Hannah and Mary, by TheEnglishMaster (F/F, M/F, 6,321). Set in 1822 England. A young lady befriends a maid who is regularly punished. A case of mistaken identity leads her to experience a caning herself.

Lavinia's Letters, Part 1-5, by Flopsybunny (M/F, 2,557 total). Set in 1886 England. Through a series of letters, Lavinia tells about the gamekeeper helping her prepare for corporal punishment to be delivered by her employer.

And thanks to Njrick (thank you sooo much!) I have a good reason to not go for the shameless self-plug, as that was the only historical story I have written so far. I have a few more in the idea-stage, but I'm not much of a historian so I feel I have to do a shit-ton of research before finding the courage to write such stories.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 28 Feb 2022 16:55
@DianaMiller
It's never too late! In fact, feel free to "go back in time" to submit selections for the earlier rounds - humor, Christmas, fantasy/sci-fi, "not just stories" (plays, poems, songs etc) and the original one with no theme whatsoever. I feel the same as you about writing historical fiction - way too much research (although I'm reaching an age where I could write some historical fiction from memory!).

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 8
Calibos, Tengen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9