library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Is anyone interested in a F/fm roleplay?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Tableleg0
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 14 Oct 2021 13:06
I recently saw that several people here where discussing the rarity of F/fm spanking material, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a roleplay base off of the aforementioned pairing.

For those of you who don’t know, I’m talking about a sort of game where we basically collaboratively write out a spanking story in which one of us is the spankee, and the other is the spanker, with the spanker generally controlling the plot. This is usually done in DMs or in a dedicated forum post.

I’m fairly open in terms of settings, although recently iv been into the Victorian era and the nineteen fifties. I’m personally good with playing ether the spanker or the spankee (switch life!)

I’m quite sorry if roleplaying isn’t allowed on this forum, but this seemed the best place for it.

terminator2589
Female Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 15 Oct 2021 23:01
Totally! I’ve already had a bit of experience

Tableleg0
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 16 Oct 2021 17:20
Ok, where would you like to do the actual RP?

Often123
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 19 Oct 2021 18:17
Intriguing. I've also done some R/P.
It's amazing what comes out of the stream of consciousness when you don't have a lot of time to pre-think about your replies. This was with several female friends I was acquainted with on the old 'Spanko' site and developed on Yahoo Messenger when that still worked.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 19 Oct 2021 19:21
Tableleg0:
Ok, where would you like to do the actual RP?

I'd suggest sending each other a PM with your email addresses, and RP via email. Alternatively you can join our sister site BottomLines (BL). Role play isn't what LSF is about, but BL is geared up for it . It has a role play forum you might like.
If you'd like to join, go to www.bottomlines.co.uk

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 7 Nov 2021 21:17
The part about online role play I abhour is who I'm working with. This gets tangled up with my social viewpoints on the alphabet gangs gender issues. As a writer, I write female roles frequently. I have no problem writing female roles, although I sometimes wonder if I'm writing it "genuinely." The rule of thumb about writing for the opposite gender, is to write from your own perspective, then swap pronouns. Obviously I question that, and then it goes back to who is writing.

I have no problem collaborating with another guy on a story (including role play) and have, but I obsess on genuineness and believe there are differences between genders, that a mere snip and glue-job can't replicate. People might "think" they are free to claim they are a different gender, but to me, there are telltale signs what gender they are, and for me, that spoils the writing/roleplay.

And that goes for women who pretend to be men; who think it's all about swagger, and "rut rut rut rut rut."

Up front, I'm a guy. A lot of role players aren't "up front" as much, because "it shouldn't matter!"

I've gotten into good roleplays with folks, sometimes where we both tried to swap genders for the practice; coaching each other behind the scenes, then only to find out halfway though the roleplay, it was only a sausagefest of writers, and I'm like "Dude, HONESTLY?"

terminator2589
Female Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 9 Nov 2021 01:25
Lonewulf
Really? It's almost as though everything ever written by a guy has to be about guys, then (and vice-versa for girls). I mean, JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter entirely about a male wizard MC, and I've seen plenty of examples of well-written female characters on the part of male authors. We're all human and fundamentally the same (with a few minor exceptions, I guess); it's more obvious when an author tries to overcompensate for the gender difference and ends up screwing their content over. The best approach is to be oneself--period.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 9 Nov 2021 15:12
terminator2589
Yeah, and we are so fundamentally the same, which is why women hate men so much nowadays, which sometimes drives them to homosexuality because they can relate to their partner more easily. Why men can't fathom why women do A thru Z. Why it's so hard for guys to approach girls to ask them out, or why girls cry into their pillow when their guy dumps them for a girl that could never compare to her. In other words why guys are always the player, and women always seem to get played; because we're all the same.
If we are "fundamentally allthe same" then we should understand each other down to the bone, and never scratch our heads and think "huh?" We (different sexes) are so alike which is why you can tell when a woman commits a lover's murder opposed to a man, because one will shoot the face and the other the heart. but anybody can know that little tidbit factòid, because I'm talking about the nuance details of the emotional state leading up to the murder, where a reader can say "I see myself in this character because it FEELS right.I'm not talking about sympathizing with a character but seeing yourself as the character and thinking "this is how someone of my sex acts."

No. Sorry, but I disagree. Shallow characters; everybody acts the same, but given depth? Aha!

However, don't put words in my mouth. I said guys can write girls, and vice-versa, but to use your analogy, Not every roleplayer is JK Rowling. Arrogance in thinking "it doesn't matter, because I just have to be myself" is likely to have material that is either 'lifeless' or to use your words the roleplayer/writer "screws up their content."

Now, my mom used to maintain that male writers were more capable of writing the emotional side of female characters more capably than female writers writing the emotional side of male characters. I might disagree with that because her favorite author was Agatha Christie who wrote rather well, and while I've only read one or two of her books, it's tough to say how well she wrote opposite gender characters. She didn't write characters that were very passionate but more stone faced, in my opinion. Very British 'stiff upper lip' so it's difficult to say if she got the emotional state expressed correctly (agaìn, I'm talking about nuance details that go to believability). I mean, everyone may be capable of expressing anger, but then it goes to motivations. To mè, a male reader is the only capable judge to read a female writer's portrayal of male characters emotional state; to say "I can see myself reacting in that way."

Then again, some writers take the cheaters approach to writing characters, by simply borrowing characterizations of friends, family, or random people they see on the street to build their characters emotional state. Again, sometimes they might get it right by sheer dumb luck, until you get to a point where you think "dude, honestly?" JK Rowling accordingly said she was thinking of Evanna Lynch (her daughter's friend) when she wrote that character, which makes me think she "cheated."

In my opinion.
Then again, most writers can write and never get their characters in an emotional state, unlike SEXUAL ROLEPLAY which is more likely to require emotional states to be involved. Or, their characterizations are stiff and lifeless.

Let's erase the sexual part away, hmm? You and me are both Americans, right? (it says you are but are you up-front???) How many non-American writers have you read, who tried to write about American personas and you thought "uh, that's close, but you get 'E' for effort, 'T' for trying, but 'F' for failing"?
I'm talking about believability where you'd think "this writer is a gen-u-wine American!" but they're not.
I'm from Brooklyn NY. Now in the movie Capt America, when I see Chris Evan and Sebastian Stan portraying two guys from Brooklyn saying:
Don't do anything stupid.
How can I, when you're taking all the stupid with you?
Jerk.
Punk.
I think "the writers and actors may have gotten the words and sound right, but their facial state is all wrong." Why, because Chris is from the midwest (?), and Sebastian Stan is from Russia. Actually, Stan was more believably Brooklyn, but that's besides the point.
Turn that sideways, and you'll understand what I mean about roleplayers portraying the opposite sex, or men that think by putting on a dress makes you a woman.

terminator2589
Female Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 10 Nov 2021 00:29
I don't believe I mentioned that there were absolutely no differences; my explicit words were that we are all bound in commonality by the human experience that we all share. Obviously, one must do their best as a writer to encapsulate a variety of experiences, and this process is never perfect in any given story. For me, it is at least as difficult--probably only so--to write from the perspective of someone of my own sex in most circumstances as it is to write from that of the opposite. So, if you enjoy playing female characters or writing stories about them, do it and do your best.

This is also a self-confidence issue as much as it is an issue of fundamental differences. Your original statement is one that criticizes yourself and describes perceived inadequacies in your own literature. So, in other words, you are exhibiting a sort of self-serving cognitive bias by believing that your own work is necessarily "inadequate" or "disingenuous" because you do not seem to believe in the quality of your own work. I believe you have a confidence issue. I have my own, of course, but I seem less predisposed to call opposite-gender writing inferior in genuineness because I see the craft itself in a different way: perhaps something more fluid.

Also, women do not "hate" men; that and several of the above behaviors are sweeping generalizations for millions of individuals who may or may not behave according to those examples. One could say the same thing about the manifestation of homosexual relationships amongst men, men's regret over being dumped, women's nervousness to approach some guy she likes, and more. You may have reservations about the implementation of certain types of characters within your own work, but it is fallacious to use them to diminish the products of other male, female, and non-binary authors about which both themselves and other readers may feel differently pertaining to this issue.
What impacts the authenticity of an author far more is the degree to which they perceive the subtlety of identity and character struggles that may be borne by anyone regardless of gender. Someone who comments disdainfully on the idea that "putting on a dress makes you a woman" as though to utterly eschew those very concepts possesses far more shortcomings with regard to the distinction of being "genuine."

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 18 Nov 2021 06:16
Do heterosexual men actually "get driven to homosexuality" because of mistreatment by women, or at least being misunderstood by them?

Now if a bisexual guy decides to lean more toward sexual/romantic relationships with men because of his difficulty dealing with women, that strikes me as credible, however totally altering one's inherent sexual orientation would seem to be extremely challenging.

A 100% straight man is better off by continuing to look for a sweet, sensitive woman who will love him (even if he never fully understands her), I'm figuring... --C.K.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
Balor, BashfulBob, Kin37, strictbutgentle
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9