The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

A new genre

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 5 Oct 2021 02:15
So I recently stumbled over a new genre. RPGLit (which is different from LitPRGs). Basically, it is stories written in Role Playing Game worlds. Often characters are given game stats and specific game terms are used. Most of the RPG companies either encourage it.

Now there's a name for something I've been doing for years.
The following stories on my author page RPGLit:
The Chronicles Of Bamber (Amber Diceless RPG)
Glass Wall (GURPS)
Lord Randell & The Red Study (D&D)
The Reporter (GURPS)
Right Is Right (AD&D)
S&S Story (AD&D)

There may be others that I missed, and there is more to come.

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 5 Oct 2021 13:17
I am somewhat confused. Do you mean stories set in RPG worlds (i.e. The Cleric Quintet, The Icewind Dale trilogy, etc.), stories centered around players jumping into RPG worlds (i.e. The Guardians of the Flame series), or something else?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 5 Oct 2021 22:20
Arcane359:
stories set in RPG worlds (i.e. The Cleric Quintet, The Icewind Dale trilogy, etc.),

Yes, but more closely tied to game stats. The characters in most "set in RPG worlds books" have the power of plot behind them, but those in RPGlit often have character sheets and are limited by them.

And thank you for reminding me of
Arcane359:
The Guardians of the Flame

. I can still recall that bit before the transition where one character says that where she grew up "tease" was only half a word and another counters that where he grew up "mother" was only half a word.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 5 Oct 2021 23:42
If a shameless self-plug is allowed, I did a bit of a Meta D&D in "Dungeons, Dragons & Red Bottoms". I doubt though that it would fit with your categories...

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 6 Oct 2021 01:39
The Guardians of the Flame. Still one of my favorite reads, particularly the first 3 books. Later books were still worthy reads, but I did miss Karl quite a bit.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 6 Oct 2021 12:16
Joel Rosenberg (author of GotF) was a thoroughly decent bloke. Took the time to respond to a question I once emailed him about how to find a copy of one of his books. He’s sadly missed by the genre.

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 6 Oct 2021 15:03
One of my favorite authors is Piers Anthony. I started with the Xanth series and moved into Incarnations of Immortality. Once I read For Love of Evil, I wrote to him, complaining that he just can't take the villain of 5 books and turn him into my favorite character. He wrote back, somewhat amused, and suggested I also try the Adept series, so I did. I then read a few more Xanth and wrote a second letter with some pun suggestions. He actually took one and I got a mention in one of the books (Xone of Contention, I believe, Waller and Wallette). A year or so later, I saw something on his official website and sent an email explaining something and asking a couple of questions. The website admin emailed back answering what he could and asked if I wanted Anthony to write back to me. I said that, no, I'd written before twice and he'd answered twice, so I was satisfied. Lo and behold, about 2 weeks later, a letter arrived from him. He'd gone back through his files and found my address and sent the letter, answering my questions in greater detail. Never forgot that. Not many authors would take the time.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 6 Oct 2021 18:46
Some of Piers Anthony's books also have spanking, usually involving bratty teenage girls and a father figure type.

shono98
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 6 Oct 2021 20:53
I am playing an RPG and two of my characters, a mage and a ranger are women in a relationship that is DD in nature. The others in the game are vanilla so it is an interesting dynamic. One of the character complications written into the ranger as part of her character sheet is Bi with with an additional alternative sexuality.

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 7 Oct 2021 01:11
Perhaps one of the vanilla players will develop a curiosity about it and want to know more.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 8
Bedhand, Dejo, hbrush01, hhouse, mobblers, Otkbbs51, tippe9782, Zachary314159
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9