The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Picture Story Challenge - Now open for voting

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 11 Sep 2010 00:25
Just a quick note to say that the Story Challenge is now open for voting.

The main objective of the contests and challenges is to encourage the writing of new stories and the voting is not intended to be taken too seriously but is meant to be a bit of fun and a way for the readers the get involved as well as the authors.

Because we've had so many entries we've extended the period for voting by 7 days so now we've all got up to midnight GMT on the 26th Sep. to get our votes in.

Hope you enjoy reading the entries.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 11 Sep 2010 05:25
I would have liked to have seen even a longer time to vote. Fifteen days still is not that much time for 45 stories. I am not that fast of a reader and then, to comment. I know that some of your readers can read 100's per day (LOLOLO). I have already read a few and they merit my time to read with care. So far, the stories were very good.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 11 Sep 2010 05:33
Well we can always see how things stand nearer the deadline ... and it's 49 stories now..

pjessome
Female Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 11 Sep 2010 08:22
Where do I find these stories?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#5 | Posted: 11 Sep 2010 09:33
pjessome:
Where do I find these stories?

Go to Latest and then Contest

In fact I think Febs was going to set latest to default to the contest, so you should get it when you click Latest...

elliej
Female Member

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 11 Sep 2010 19:18
Hi everyone

I just wanted to exprees my appreciattion to the library staff for setting up the Picture Story Challenge. I am very much enjoying reading the stories and am impressed with the creativity and standard of entries I have read thus far - and all of this from one picture. What a great idea flopsy!

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 11 Sep 2010 20:43
On clicking "latest," the default is "contest." If you want "latest," you have to click,"loaded". This contest is like a psychology test. Look at a picture and then tell a story about it. How interesting.

Gabbs
Female Author

England
#8 | Posted: 12 Sep 2010 09:37
elliej:
I just wanted to exprees my appreciattion to the library staff for setting up the Picture Story Challenge. I am very much enjoying reading the stories and am impressed with the creativity and standard of entries I have read thus far - and all of this from one picture. What a great idea flopsy!

Seconded! It's great reading all these stories and I'm savouring each one (amazed that people are voting already too!). There's a huge amount of variety in the entries I've read so far. Thanks.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 13 Sep 2010 04:49
I am finding it very difficult to vote. All of the stories are very good. It is hard to judge a story over another.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 13 Sep 2010 09:02
Sebastian:
I am finding it very difficult to vote. All of the stories are very good. It is hard to judge a story over another.

Agreed, Sebastian! I'm surprised people are voting already if they haven't yet read all the stories.

We can't (and won't!) tell anyone who to vote for, but I guess you could think of some criteria such as:
How well the story reads/flows
Originality/imagination
Your own gut reaction to it - some stories you will find more appealing than others maybe because they write about an orientation that you particularly like, or demonstrate a good use of language etc

At the end of the day, the story contests are just a bit of fun, a great way for readers to get more involved in the feedback process, and a method of encouraging people to 'have a go' at writing something.

We have had a fantastic response with 50 stories submitted, so regardless of who wins, well done everyone

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 5
Balor, FiddlersGreen, nick2911, proudrc09, Robertz, spanksandsuch, sport625, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9