The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Different versions

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Garryl
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 Jan 2021 20:21
I have posted, as of now, 2 parts of a series. My question is that for the third part, I have two different plot lines. I don't know if it's acceptable to post both versions (Separately).

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 9 Jan 2021 22:25
I dare say it is acceptable, but it might be less confusing for all concerned if you include them both in the same posting with, perhaps, a note at the start explaining what's going on.

Or... if it's possible, bite the bullet, grasp the thistle and go for the one you think works best.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 9 Jan 2021 22:57
You could possibly have them posted as a) and b).

Howabout
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 9 Jan 2021 23:26
I like this idea! Yes just as long as it's clear what's happening.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 10 Jan 2021 00:13
Juanoneone has a 'series' consisting of different versions of the same scenario, so it's not without precedent.

I wonder if commenters will 'vote' on which ending they liked best?

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:42
Juanoneone's marvellous Or... did spring to mind.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:49
I was going to do the same thing once, and someone talked me out of it with a very close to the heart argument.

He asked, "how did you feel about George Lucas' revised versions of Star Wars 4?"

I never answered the question. Anybody who is a true fan, didn't like them. I hope that helps you too.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:47
I think this has been done plenty of times here in different versions. Some have had alternative endings and some have had the same story from different angles/points of view. There are several ways to do it and it can be equally fun reading a different plot development as getting a surprise, finding out that a character wasn't at all as he/she had been portrayed in the first version. I usually use my potential alternative endings to write a new story instead though.

thepreacherswife
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:34
I know someone once posted a story with a "choose your own adventure" type of ending where the reader either continues reading or scrolls to another part depending on their choice of the action.

Blarg
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 13 Jan 2021 19:17
Interactive fiction does seem to be in short supply.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 11
Alef, andreanguyentran, boyfearsthebrush, DenseWall, Februs, Geoffrey, LPL51681, mobblers, Nickf, SlippersSting, Stramp
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9