LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Favorite character

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#1 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 17:00
This question (or two questions if you happen to be an author) was inspired by one of Alan Barr's recent stories:

1. Who's your favorite ADULT character in the Library (I'm not so strict as some others, so feel free to mention as many as you want!)?

2. (for authors) Who's your favorite ADULT character in your own stories?

Of course, a character can be a favorite in more ways than one (the most charming, the most devious, the best portrayal, the closest to you heart,...), and I don't mind if you discuss the alternatives.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 00:16
Gee.

Question no. 1) I have difficulty remembering all the characters in the numerous stories I have read over the years. But as far as my memory allows me to pick a favourite character, I suppose that it would have to be one of the naughty elves in a story which involved Santa Claus and spanking. Unfortunately, I don´t remember the title of the story or the name of the author. Sorry.

Question no. 2) This question is an easy one for me to answer, as I have only had one single story ("My Very Best Wet Dream Ever") published on this site. The favourite character would have to be the "star" in my story, Eva Mendes (the actess). My story was a sort of fan fiction. I am a big fan of Eva Mendes and my story told the world about my wet dream that I might be visited by Eva Mendes in my humble home in Sweden. I just hope that my wife won´t get mad at me for saying that another woman is my "favourite character"!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 06:32
They are hard questions, but my answer for 1 would be Zoey from Legion3000's Zoey series.
For 2 I'd have to say Andrea Mahony, the proprietress of the Spank Shop and also her assistance Kimberley Kennedy. I find Kimberley so much fun to write, because she has layers to her character and I seem to uncover more of them each time she features in a story.

transmanspankee
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 09:36
My favourite character from a spanking story is one not hosted on the Library - Melody from Lurking Dragon's Rejuve stories. I discovered those stories when I was very young, deeply empathised with Melody and have continued to love her and go back to those stories again and again as an adult. She feels like a friend at this point!

On the library, I like pretty much all characters that KatiePie writes. They all feel very relatable and authentic.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 10:19
transmanspankee:
On the library, I like pretty much all characters that KatiePie writes. They all feel very relatable and authentic.

Oh, I'm blushing. Thank you.

I think question 1 is far, far too hard to answer. There are so many characters that I like and it depends on what mood I'm in.

Question 2 - Not sure. Again it depends on my mood.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 15:48
My favorite characters are: for best spanking prodigy: Penmask's 'Sammy' in The Birthday Tradition. Most audacious adventurer in a world imperiled with spankings: Lawrence Kinden's "Harold Calvin", and for sheer mischievous maliciousness, Juanonone's "Samantha" in The Wager. I also just like the sweetness of Crimson Kid's "Sweetness" in Matched Pair.

As for my own creations? I first discounted any of the many characters i have based extensively on real people and instead focused solely on my more fictional creations. As such..... I like "Alice" in Crushed for a young lady who learns so many lessons about being a Top in a very short timespan. "Veronica Warwick" from The Woman of the Well is a woman with a very interesting history and someone I would love to meet. And how can you not admire the confidence in young "Erica Smithson" in Deep Pockets.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 17:10
I don't really have a "favorite character" as much as a favorite author. I have an emotional connection to real, over fictional. That said, there are traits I like seeing in various characters.

Characters that seem three dimensional, and take on an almost realistic view. Susan Thomas takes the time to make her characters in-depth and real. Butterfly McKendrick is one example. That character stands out, as that was the first Susan Thomas story I read, and Susan's stories were the first I read here. There are others, but really I don't relate to characters that much as the stories about them.

Don't misunderstand, the more realistic the characters are, the better the story will be, but I focus on the story more than a fictional character.

For question 2, while I'm not an author on this site, I still hold the same true of all of my stories' characters. I like them all, from the creepy weirdos to the willful angels.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#8 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 21:37
Perhaps I should try to face my own challenge?

Question 1: I knew this would be a hopeless task. Even I, who is not the most avid of readers, have read more than three thousands stories in the library, and how can I keep all the characters apart? Still, it's an opportunity to draw attention to some memorable characters. Here are some I remember well:

Damsels in distress: I seem to have a liking for this category. Two memorable examples are the heroines of Alan Barr's story "A Miscarriage of Justice" and Susan Thomas's "Eighteen", two teenage girls with an ability to see beyond the obvious.

Romance: Rick Marlowe has some exquisite heroines. I'll go for Lindsey from "Spanking Lindsey" (she's so attractive that the man who doesn't write sequels had to write a nine episode series about her).

Devious disciplinarians: This is not really my cup of tea, but Blimp's schoolmistresses are in a league of their own, and I think I'll nominate each and everyone of them.

Brats: It's hard not to like Guyde's unstoppable Megan who makes Mr. Brown's life very difficult in a series of stories.

Question 2: When I started to think about it, I realized I was in love with about half of my heroines, and it's hard to choose between one's sweethearts. I guess it depends on what I want - cuteness or complexity. If I go for cuteness, it might be Molly from "My Worst Spanking" and "Me and Aunt Mary" (like Rick, I never write sequels, but somehow I had to write a second story about her). If I go for complexity, I might choose Astrid from "Coming of Age: Astrid's Story", but perhaps the version I have in my head is better than the one I managed to but down on paper (or screen, to be exact). I also have particularly soft spots for the heroines of "Laughter on Elizabeth Street" and "Sunstroke". Not to forget, of course, ....

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 3 Sep 2020 23:22
If we're talking about adult characters in Library stories I'd vote for tfs' Susan Ames in his Southern Exposure series.
For my own work the original answer stands, both Andrea and Kimberley are adults.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#10 | Posted: 4 Sep 2020 16:28
Like many of those who have responded here, I think it's very difficult to answer question 1. With so many stories to choose from, it's almost impossible to pick out a favourite character.

I think he would qualify as an adult so from my own stories I would probably choose Napoleon, the foul mouthed (beaked?) parrot in "The Orphan - part 2" who tells the pompous inspector of schools to f*** off.

Of the names I've given my characters, the history teacher in "Thereby Hangs a Tale" is probably my favourite. She's named Miss Crawley and the kids in the class have nicknamed her "Old Creepy".

I suspect that like me, most authors spend an awful lot of time searching for suitable names to fit the characters in their stories. So maybe we should start a separate thread asking authors to give us the most appropriate name they found for a character.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 7
alfent, druidicone, fvsoler, Hotscot, insonia, kanestrokes, njrick, Pembridge06, Sfar, Shadowdancer, spankeddad
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9