library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

I forget: rules against using celebrity names, even if altered?

Blarg
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 11 May 2020 04:25
Are there special rules about having characters that look a lot like specific real-world people, but aren't? Basically stand-ins for those people under a different name? "Yeah, we all tell her she looks EXACTLY like [insert celebrity here] but she always denies it."

Are there any rules about that as such? Or fan fiction?

opb
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 11 May 2020 07:20
I think real world people are banned on the LSF but I expect that if your character was explicitly not 'Insert Name Here' but it was a feature of the story that they looked similar that would be OK. It might be a mistaken identity story for example.
On a related note I have a story here (the Soup Standards Centre) with a real famous person's name but everyone can tell it isn't supposed to actually be them, it's just a joke on their name, and that was allowed.
Fan fiction is more fuzzy. I have 3 items of fanfic here, that is if you don't include a story about Father Christmas, who is either real or fictional depending on your point of view.

Blarg
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 11 May 2020 07:44
Okay, that makes sense.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 11 May 2020 11:15
I wrote a humoristic story titled "My Very Best Wet Dream Ever" roughly ten or eleven years ago and got it into the LSF library (you can find it by searching on "galt54" in the author search function). That story involved a celebrity whom I named by her real name (Eva Mendes!). The story was a fantasy in which I received an unexpected visit from Eva Mendes herself when I was alone at home in the suburb of Stockholm where I live in real life.

The fact that Eva Mendes was one of the two main characters (me being the other one) in my story was evidently not a problem at the time. Maybe the rules have changed since then?

(But of course I am a big fan of Eva Mendes - she is one of the hottest, sexiest, most spankable female celebrities in the universe!)

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 11 May 2020 13:49
I think its a ban on using a real name of someone in a story. Would be okay if you used another name and the story had the character doing things that the real person was based on had done, like a pop star called "Mindy Darish" who was known for what some regarded as lewd behavior during her performances and got spanked for it.
Fan Fiction can raise copyright protection issues, if say you wanted to do a Batman or Wonder Woman story. Not sure they'd accept it now. I do have a story where Xena Warrior Princess and her partner Gabrielle get spanked but that was originally published over 10 years ago at Spanking Classics. May be some other older stories with TV or literary characters here too.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 11 May 2020 18:28
galt54:
I wrote a humoristic story titled "My Very Best Wet Dream Ever"

This November that'll be ten years ago. Time for a new story? You must have had at least one more fantasy since then (even if Eva is an absolutely fantastic spanking fantasy).

Blarg
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 12 May 2020 00:03
My basic idea is just to put a visual image in the reader's head. My stories don't actually involve real-world famous people, but have characters who look like them. The basic technique would be one of their friends in the story mentioning that everybody thinks fictional character X looks like real-world celebrity Y, or maybe the narration just says "Bob was struck by how much X looked like Y; she could have been her twin sister."

Not sure if that's an issue or not.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 12 May 2020 02:44
Glagla

Thank you Glagla. I did write one single "sequel" to my, on LSF published story. I submitted it but LSF chose not to publish it, possibly because it might have been politically sensitive. The sequel was a story which told the tale of how Eva Mendes was recruited by the CIA for the job of taking out Fidel Castro (Eva MendesĀ“ parents were Cuban refugees). The story was supposed to be funny, just like the first one.

I posted my sequel on LSFs sister site Bottomlines, under "Whacks Lyrical", last year. It was well-received. I am sure that the post with the story is still archived on Bottomlines.

Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 6
andy356, Balor, Capnsmack, davenhall, FredKey, jtaylor75, kanestrokes, markie62, Maxzj88, njrick, Pembridge06, StefK
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9