library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

What is your favourite era for a story to be set in?

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 13:06
I have a real problem with anything that is too brutal or that is leaning over into abuse so I'm fine with the occasional Victorian lady spanking her young maid with a hairbrush but not with a Victorian man wielding a whip or birch.

The thing about the 50s is we either remember it or our parents remember it and will all have memories of some corporal punishment but it was so normal that the recipients weren't left feeling permanently scarred.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#32 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 13:23
KatiePie

I agree Katie, and the other aspect maybe that, unlike the Victorian era, we have access to the movies of the 50s where the spankings portrayed reflected an era where wives, girlfriends and kids did actually get spanked.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#33 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 18:09
I don't think I have a favorite period as such, but I have a penchant for realistic domestic discipline stories, and they are much easier to believe in if set in a period when the spanking of erring teenagers was more mainstream than today. My own teenage spanking stories are usually set in an unspecified past that looks surprisingly like the sixties or seventies. When I want a challenge, I try to write contemporary, semi-consensual stories about adult couples, but I must admit I find that terribly difficult.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#34 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 18:44
I'm not into the brutality we sometimes see.
Since I grew up in the 50s and 60s, it's easier to relate to stories set in the 40s-60s, yet I enjoy other time periods such as the Victorian/Edwardian eras.
@ KatiePie, there we are in agreement again.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 19:23
I prefer a medieval rip-off fantasy setting, because you don't have to care about any laws or customs or other things that would make your story less credible when you try to set the spanking in modern times. For the same reason I also enjoy science-fiction, but in that case also for the possibility of introducing spanking machines and stern spanking droids. I like British school settings as well, but it's an imaginary world for me and when I try to write about it, it's not uncommon that readers point out flaws in the plot that make the story unrealistic. Since I don't have any personal experiences to relate to, neither when it comes to school uniforms, nor to spankings in school, it's difficult for me to write a realistic story on that theme. So all my stories take place in Spankoverse where no butt is safe.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 16 Apr 2020 11:58
@Glagla

Given that your stories often involve mature young ladies being mistaken for schoolgirls and then receiving a sound bare-bottom spanking from a janitor or other functionary for a uniform infraction or some other minor misdemeanor, why would anyone bother to point out a plot flaw? It is the pure ridiculousness of the whole premise that makes the stories so enjoyable. Please keep realism out of it and continue transporting us to that wonderful parallel universe of yours.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 16 Apr 2020 12:10
@Brosse6

I suppose some Victorian stories were institutional and brutal, but many were not. I am thinking of books like 'Frank And I' and 'A Man With A Maid'. I am not sure the overall mix was much different to today. However, I would agree that 1950s era stories generally have a domestic setting, which may be another source of appeal for so many.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#38 | Posted: 16 Apr 2020 12:57
@ BashfulBob

I agree Bob, I really enjoyed 'Frank and I' and 'Dolly Morton' when I first read them many years ago.

I think the power disparity of the protagonists is also a factor. In the Victorian dramas the power differential between the dominant and the victim is often large and also there is less affection shown between them. Victorians punish as a duty.

Whereas in the 50s dramas there is often great love and affection shown, even though someone is getting punished. This I personally feel gives a greater tension to the scenario being played out, as it blends pain/punishment and love/pleasure in a safe and familiar environment.

I remember a heated debate some years ago between two work colleagues of Irish ancestry over who had the most brutal Catholic education. One went to CBC and the other Marist Bros, and each insisted they were flogged the worst and most often.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 16 Apr 2020 18:17
BashfulBob:
Please keep realism out of it and continue transporting us to that wonderful parallel universe of yours.

I will, as good as I can Bob, I promise. I've just begun to submit stories again, about a month ago, so I have my hopes up that they'll start appearing in the next rotation or in the one after that. Be prepared for a ridiculous low level of credibility

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#40 | Posted: 16 Apr 2020 18:23
Glagla:
Be prepared for a ridiculous low level of credibility

Plenty of people in Hollywood have become billionaires that way.

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 13
Clarity, karen8419, luther
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9