library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

What is your favourite era for a story to be set in?

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Brosse6
Male Author

France
#1 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:42
Whilst I enjoy stories set in any era, I definitely prefer stories set in the 1950s. It is the wonderful matriarchs of that era that really appeal to me. Women then where strong as mothers and teachers capable of dishing out a sound spanking, yet also capable of being spanked for their transgressions by their husbands and lovers.

Women's clothes back then were so stylish and feminine, yet they could also display dominance in the right context.

transmanspankee
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:51
I enjoy a wide range of eras, but the 40's to 50's are a big favourite of mine too. I think it's because a lot of the spanking content I found organically as a child was in books set in the second world war - the threatened bare bottom strapping in Carrie's War, an illustration of a caning in a history book, that sort of thing - and so that whole era became linked to spanking in my head.

I also massively enjoy distant future stories, like Lurking Dragon's Melody stories. The potential for technological advancements in reference to spanking pleases me.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 10:18
I really like 40s/50s too. I think because it's reasonably modern in language, such a great period for clothes, and there's always a good dose of spanking, even if that's not the intended theme. Wartime is also particularly good for men being away and women taking on authority roles they hadn't held before too.

PeterJohn
Male Member

England
#4 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 10:29
I prefer the 1950/1960's as that is when I was at school. Ladies fashion changed so much in that era. Long loose clothes that I remember my junior school teachers wearing, then tight skirts and blouses until the mini skirt arrived. The ladies were certainly dominant over their kids not like today.

transmanspankee
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 11:14
Yeah, it's wonderful that parents and teachers are more thoughtful and willing to listen to children these days, at least in some cases. Much as I enjoy fantasy, children are people and seeing them treated more and more as such is brilliant.

theo54
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:37
I think I like times of radical change most - 1920s, 1960s/70s - when the old ways are being challenged and mocked and the traditionalists are fighting back. Lots of scope for lots of spanking!

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:58
Yes, the 60s/70s are a pretty good era too. I was watching the 1971 film 'Melody' a few weeks ago and was struck by the incredible shortness of the girls' skirts. The slightest movement revealed knickers. Very handy for any stern adult to give a slap to the legs.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 13:17
I too prefer the eras mentioned here 50s, 60s, 70s, etc, because thats when I have lived my life and feel knowledgeable about the period, something very important if one is writing. And as those who have read my stories and comments know, find female clothing of these times vital for incorporation into spanking stories.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#9 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 13:30
KatiePie:
The slightest movement revealed knickers.

I remember it well as I went to a liberal co-ed SecMod. 1968 saw the shortest skirts, where the girls would hike the waist bands up to the point where if they were just one step above you on the stairs you saw their knickers. 1969 saw long pencil skirts come into fashion.

Girls never got smacked or caned at my school though. Some spent half their life in detention though.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#10 | Posted: 13 Apr 2020 14:10
Brosse6:
Girls never got smacked or caned at my school though. Some spent half their life in detention though.

When I went to school in South-East London back in the mid 50's – mid 60's, the slipper and cane were applied virtually daily. Like all the boys though, I went through school thinking that such punishments were seldom if ever administered to the girls. In fact I only ever saw one girl caned and that after she had been given a written assignment and complained that it was unfair that she could not be punished like the boys. Reading through firsthand accounts on the school's website however, it seems that it was not unusual for girls to be subjected to corporal punishment. It appears to have only been meted out by female teachers and that care was taken that no boys were around to witness the sight of a classmate having her firm young bottom whacked. That the girls didn't speak about their ordeal at the time is understandable but it seems that years later they have no such reservations.

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 11
Heike, Hotscot, jbskylarks, JuergenB, koty94, lasttry, oldman4900, Omegalodon, Seymourauto, Slis345, Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9