library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments / Feedback question from new author.

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 07:29
I hope I don't offend anyone asking this question. I just posted my first ever story "Sara's Paddle". It has been read 111 times as of this post. I have received 1 comment. I was hoping to get feedback on my story to help in writing future stories. I have never had a formal writing class, in school my English writing assignments were nothing to brag about. I wrote this story because it was something that I always thought about. I figured that it would be interesting if a spanking instrument could talk. So back to the topic, what makes you leave a comment? Why is the ratio of reads to comments so low? I know that I comment on 90% of the stories I read. Again, please don't take this the wrong way. I am just wanting to learn and improve from this first writing.
Thanks,
Spankdaddy

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 13:52
I don't know why it is, but if 1 or 2% of the people that read your story actually comment you're doing pretty good. It's always been that way. About the only time I won't comment is if someone else has already made substantially the same comments that I would make.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 16:46
Simple fact; don't expect a lot of comments on your spanking stories, here or anywhere else, and then you won't be disappointed. Just because you get few comments does not mean that your stories are not being read and appreciated, it just means that your average spanking story reader does not comment much. So far, I have been averaging less than ½ comment per story, here; but that is a far better average than I get on my own story site, which gets more traffic! The management here recently changed things to gently encourage more commenting, and that seems to have helped the situation somewhat.

As both a writer and reader of spanking stories I can see both sides of the equation. My personal theory is that most readers of spanking stories like to keep their spanking interest very private, so are wary of leaving tracks on the web.

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 16:57
Guy:
Simple fact; don't expect a lot of comments on your spanking stories, here or anywhere else, and then you won't be disappointed. Just because you get few comments does not mean that your stories are not being read and appreciated, it just means that your average apanking story reader does not comment much.

I agree and quote for emphasis. Further, I'll add to the observation and say that your average reader of anything, does not comment much. Comments on stories posted to the 'net are lucky to get any comment at all, and when was the last time you wrote a letter to your favorite novelist? I haven't done so since I was a child.

Wanting to learn and to improve your writing is a worthy goal, but I'm afraid you'll find little support on the 'net unless it's at a site dedicated to the cause. It take a lot of time and effort to put together a writing circle where people read, critique, and support. This site might be a good place to try to get something of that nature off the ground.

I wish you all the best in your writing ventures.

-LK

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 19:10
spankdaddy:
# Posted: Today, 07:29
Reply Quote
I hope I don't offend anyone asking this question. I just posted my first ever story "Sara's Paddle". It has been read 111 times as of this post. I have received 1 comment.

You have my interest. I will read your story. The idea of not commenting, is not unusual. It happens most often, on all subject matters. Some people just have nothing to say, or they might be afraid that what they write, might be taken the wrong way or they might be embarrassed on what they might write. There are many reasons.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 23 Aug 2010 00:00
I have 125 stories posted here, with 16,673 views and 120 comments. Alas, some of those comments are me responding to readers who posted comments with questions in them.

You might try re-posting on a spanking forum. I'm not sure why, but some people are more likely to hit "reply" than comment.

Goodgulf

zogeetuz
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 29 Aug 2010 21:42
in here, much like in a class room or in real life, most would not participate. no matter the content, the presenter or the composition of the group. i recall from my previous experiences as a teaching assistant at a college, that the larger the group or forum, the less is the likelihood of greater participation. not sure what may be the reason, but it is a common occurance. so don't be totally disillusioned by that. rather, focus on how many have read it as a silent indication of how you are progressing.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 8 Sep 2010 01:53
Thank you SPANKING LIBRARY, Thank you. Thank you, Thank you. A most enjoyable spanking blog. Premier class blog all the way. Please continue in this same manner all of you, who have participated , because 'spanking enthusiast's like me and many others, need you all. Thanks once again.

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 13
carto75, Dane, DenseWall, Heroth, jwads, preston27, RickB26, Rickinto, tonydudney
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9