Plot suggestions

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 23 Aug 2010 15:37
barretthunter:
I've just seen this thread. I didn't realise that was what the storyboard was for. However, I have experience of this sort of situation. Another enthusiast who had come across a story of mine and particularly liked it, asked if he could suggest a plot to me. I agreed, but pointed out that if it didn't excite me, I wouldn't write an exciting story - so I'd consider it and make my mind up. I did write the story, but not on this forum or Flaming Cheeks. The system we developed was for him to suggest an idea, for me to fill in more details and write a beginning, posting it to him for his comments and then to proceed by several stages to the end. I retained editorial control.

We decided to try another story written the same way. It's in this library.Maybe someone might guess which it is?

I think this idea only works if the different participants (and it needn't be just two) share a lot of interests. I did try something similar with "The Castle", when all FC members were invited to submit ideas for the next episode, but it got too complicated and I received only two or three ideas.

It sounds as though you could make use of the collaborative story writing module on the storyboard, where you can ask others to contribute to developing a story/serial etc'

Full details here if anyone is interested.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 24 Aug 2010 15:30
Do you find that when you have written your first draft, you know, deep down inside that the tale is not one you are going to go back to rework into its final form? When this happens to me, I know that I really am done with that particular plot. And up until now, that has meant consignment to the trash can.

This happened very recently when I wrote the first draft for "Lady Margaret's penance".

But since the storyboard is now here, I have put it on there for anyone to do whatever they wish with it. I am not completely familiar with how the story board works, but I kind of think that the collaborator(s) get credit, or joint authorship.

For, I think, there is a germ of a good story there: happen-chance has it that I am not the one to complete it.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 24 Aug 2010 16:58
guyde:
Do you find that when you have written your first draft, you know, deep down inside that the tale is not one you are going to go back to rework into its final form?

Actually, NO! For any individual unfinished story there is no way for me to know any such thing.

Yes, I start more stories than I finish (who doesn't?) and yes, unfinished stories can languish on my drive for years. But occasionally something magic happens; an unfinished story will suddenly become relevant, explode into new life, and be released. My entry into our "Summer Vacation" contest was such a story.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
Alef, braedene, Chandler, KatiePie, oldwrangler2, OTKobsessed
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9