Plot suggestions

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#11 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 08:50
Seegee:
Pride & Prejudice.

I think the one most in need of a spanking is the mother! And of course, Kitty and Lydia.

On the subject of plot suggestions, I think this is ok in a general way, but I believe most authors write what they themselves enjoy reading. Personally, I would find it very difficult to write a story based on someone else's fantasy, unless, of course, I shared that particular fantasy.

dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#12 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 11:32
dear Linda,

Is in my opinion that the pleasure derivating from finding in a text, writed from another author, the proper fantasy that obsess us is very intense.....
I think that writing it ourselves is, in a sort of way, like to make sex with ourselves

Guy
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 16:55
dicyverges:
I think that writing it ourselves is, in a sort of way, like to make sex with ourselves

So (putting it bluntly) you are saying that writing is a form of masturbation? Hmmm, perhaps that's not far from the truth.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 19:32
Guy:
dicyverges: I think that writing it ourselves is, in a sort of way, like to make sex with ourselves

Guy:
So (putting it bluntly) you are saying that writing is a form of masturbation? Hmmm, perhaps that's not far from the truth.

You hit it right on the nail. Of course it is. We write in order to satisfy ourselves and others.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 19:47
Sebastian:
You hit it right on the nail. Of course it is. We write in order to satisfy ourselves and others.

Exactly--because if the writer doesn't find the story interesting, stimulating and/or arousing him/herself, how can he/she reasonably expect others to react to it all that positively?

OTOH an author should be open to readers' suggestions and constructive criticism (RE plot and characterization), I've occasionally made comments on other writers' stories (especially if they're multi-part ones or part of a series) that have apparently influenced parts of future stories.

Ultimately though, the author will of course be the one to decide how his/her story line will develop ... --C.K.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#16 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 19:56
CrimsonKidCK:
Ultimately though, the author will of course be the one to decide how his/her story line will develop

This is really the point I was trying to make. I feel that diceyverges' suggestion is too prescriptive for an author to work with. It leaves little or no scope for the writer's imagination.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#17 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 20:57
I've just seen this thread. I didn't realise that was what the storyboard was for. However, I have experience of this sort of situation. Another enthusiast who had come across a story of mine and particularly liked it, asked if he could suggest a plot to me. I agreed, but pointed out that if it didn't excite me, I wouldn't write an exciting story - so I'd consider it and make my mind up. I did write the story, but not on this forum or Flaming Cheeks. The system we developed was for him to suggest an idea, for me to fill in more details and write a beginning, posting it to him for his comments and then to proceed by several stages to the end. I retained editorial control.

We decided to try another story written the same way. It's in this library.Maybe someone might guess which it is?

I think this idea only works if the different participants (and it needn't be just two) share a lot of interests. I did try something similar with "The Castle", when all FC members were invited to submit ideas for the next episode, but it got too complicated and I received only two or three ideas.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 23 Aug 2010 02:35
barretthunter:
I did try something similar with "The Castle", when all FC members were invited to submit ideas for the next episode, but it got too complicated and I received only two or three ideas.

Well, I guess that explains the bio-engineering part.

dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#19 | Posted: 23 Aug 2010 06:03
OK.... thanks for your contribution. I'll keep reading the stories in the library, ( i think that "the library of spanking fiction" offers the best stuff in the web) hoping to find something of interest to my particular taste...

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 23 Aug 2010 13:33
Hi
I think that its a quite good idea. On Alex's FC we wrote a few stories to a theme and I enjoyed that.
As a new and original theme is often the most difficult thing to think up , I think it would be worth considering having a section in which readers could suggest a theme and if any author was sufficiently engaged they could write a story to it.

Jimi

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 3
Forrange, Jak67, mastroe, ogard, PGreenham, sara90, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9