LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

how many spanking scenes in a story?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#1 | Posted: 20 Aug 2010 07:55
I know (it's obvious) that is not possible to establish a rule....but i think ,as a reader,very old reader of the particular genre of literature that we love, that only one spanking scene well described and following a long and intriguing preparation is far better than a serie of repetitional, mechanically writed, spankings

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 20 Aug 2010 12:30
I agree, it is impossible to write a rule. Most stories of popular length will have one main spanking, serials usually one per part; but there are no rules.

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 20 Aug 2010 12:56
I've done three on a few occasions, Three Over the Knee and Jill's Birthday, but I think it would be hard to do more than three without getting repetitive.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 20 Aug 2010 15:49
I find two to be the ideal number, actually. A favorite scenario of mine is the sub going out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak; after one spanking ends, s/he stumbles into an even harder one, possibly from a different top.

Anything with more than three spankings, though, should be broken up into chapters.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 20 Aug 2010 22:02
Usually it's dictated by the plot, but I prefer to have either one or two actual scenes. There may be allusions to others, but trying to cram too many incidents into a story erodes their dramatic impact (no pun, honest!). If you do more it just gets to be this improbable collection of descriptions of people getting spanked and the plot turns to mush. It also depends on length. Obviously in a longer story there can be more, but even there I'd stop at three. I'm counting each part of a serial as a "story" here, but in the case of serials, one per segment seems right.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 20 Aug 2010 22:29
And as for none, well, duck as the irate comments come flying!

dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#7 | Posted: 21 Aug 2010 07:16
i would like to read an entire novel containing, as a last act, only one long and well described spanking scene.
The construction of spanko character (accurate analysis of his personality and description of the milieu where he/she lives) should take a large amount of the writing making the conclusion more exciting for the reader.
Obviously in this case the spanking scene should take a congruous,proportioned, number of pages
(the writer should bare the soul of the character and then his/her buttocks)

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 21 Aug 2010 19:13
How many spanking scenes should be in a story? As many as the story requires.

Some stories are full of one whackers, or have series of characters that get spanked, and some don't actually have any spanking in them.
For example, let's look at a plot. Teenage babysitter delivers a spanking, and when mom gets home mom is outraged that the babysitter spanked without permission - so the mom spanks the babysitter in from of her child. Later Dad gets home and we find out the babysitter had his permission to spank, so mom get a spanking in front of the babysitter. A story like that requires at least 3 spankings.

On the other hand, say the story is about a group of friends sitting around, all of them facing trouble at home (report cards? picked up and released by the police? a photo hit the paper of them skinny dipping together? whatever) and each friend describes in detail what will happen at home - all except one who isn't spanked and wondering if being spanked would make a huge difference. In that story there are - technically - no spankings given. None. Some are talked about, but no actual spankings happen. A story like requires 0 spankings.

Then you have the plot of the "friend" who stays to watch a friend's spanking and because of that somehow gets spanked (friend's spanker decides to do it, the watcher tells someone who decides that the watcher needs one - whatever). A story like requires at least 2 spanking (or 1, if the first one happens off screen).

If the plot calls for someone to see a bunch of spankings, then to head home wondering what a spanking feels like, then than that story requires a bunch of spankings.

Personally, I often find myself milking a plot for every spanking that can be included.

Goodgulf

runcy
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 00:05
TheEnglishMaster And as for none, well, duck as the irate comments come flying!

Sometimes I feel the threat, or expectation of impending punishment, is good grounds for an effective story.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 22 Aug 2010 05:56
I've never done a spanking story without at least one spanking, but as runcy said it can be done effectively if the threat or implication is well done. One of the best genre stories I've ever read didn't contain one single spanking, but rather a number that never actually occurred.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 9
Backbeat, ChardT, markert, processdog, tony55, wind, wynchrls
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9