library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

LSF Millionaire's Club

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 02:28
Just as the very rich differentiate between those who have a million dollars (or pounds) of annual income and those who only have $1,000,000 of capitol, we library denizens should note the distinction between those who only (!) have a million words posted to the library and those who have at least 1,000 stories. At present the only member of the "thousandaire" club is our beloved Grace Brackenridge with 1,019 stories posted. The only author with a chance of joining this elite group in the foreseeable future is John Benson with 777 stories. In partial defense of John's sloth, I should note that his stories tend to run a bit longer than Grace's.
Of course, by the time you read this, these numbers will probably be obsolete. In any case, we can but be grateful for this bounty.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 03:56
Quality over quantity. Its nice to have both, but if I had to pick one it would be the former.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 07:16
Both should be summoned to see Miss Thrashbottom as a reward for all their good works. (Grin)

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 08:40
It's wonderful to see that Grace's hit the one million word, one thousand story mark, but as I look at her accomplishment I can see that the majority of her work has yet to be posted here. I can remember reading the Spankable Kid, No Behind Left Behind, and countless other stories that have yet to be reposted here.

I know that I will never hit the one thousand story mark - I just don't have it in me to wrote stories that are less than 1k words, and even then most of mine tend to go on and on as I milk every possibility out of a given situation. I might some day hit the million word mark, but even that would be pushing it. Even if I finish the epic "translate the first five books of RZ's Amber into a spanking story" that I'm working on I can't see adding more than 50k to 100k words this year which will leave me far short of that goal.

I envy Grace and John Benson their ability to write such wonderful, self contained and complete, stories. I can't seem to write anything without extensive world building, world building to the point where the story takes on a life of its own and sometimes distracts from the spanking I'm writing.

Goodgulf

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 10:18
I love Grace's stories, but am inclined to agree with Goodgulf. I have only just started writing, and have quite a few planned, but I'll never achieve the sheer volume achieved by John & Grace. I'll just have to try for quality. At the end of the day, in a consumer driven society the readers will decide!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 14:33
SNM:
Quality over quantity

Old saying: Quantity has a quality all its own.

(You should take into account it is often attributed to Stalin )

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 15:18
With both Grace and John it is clear to me that there is no need to pick between quality and quantity, there is more than enough of each to go around.

blimp
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 16 Aug 2010 15:27
Strive for quality by all means. I think Grace has achieved a great quality, along with the quantity! I think her stories are poignant and evocative. I haven't read as many of John Benson's as I have of Grace's but I have read enough to know he is one of the most skilled and original writers in the library.

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 5
danjackson84, Derrick30, Hector, paperbark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9