LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Delays Loading Stories?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 18 Aug 2019 20:38
Have we got a backlog of stories to be loaded? I'm unsure whether or not to resend a story which I submitted a few weeks ago but has not yet appeared. If there is a backlog, resubmitting may make things worse - how long currently should one wait before deciding a story didn't arrive or has been missed or rejected for some reason?

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 Aug 2019 06:01
I'm sure there is a backlog, some of my submissions that have just been loaded on the site were sent in a few months ago. I know Flopsy and Februs have had some health issues as of late and there have been some health problems for one or the others parents they have been dealing with. So I think patience is called for. Before resubmitting a story, you might check with them to make sure they have it so you don't cause any problems with a resubmission.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 19 Aug 2019 08:21
The current waiting period for me to get something loaded is up to 2 - 3 months, but it differs. During the past 12 months it has ranged from 17 to 91 days. If a story seems to be missing, I usually wait half a year before asking if it has gone astray, or if it has been refused.

sbw1900
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 19 Aug 2019 12:40
Glagla

Thank you for the insight. I posted elsewhere that my experience was similar. We'll all practice patience, compassion, and more patience.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 19 Aug 2019 21:28
The backlog works well for ME... because I have a terrible backlog in WRITING stories. Readers shouldn't worry, since there are 28,000 stories already loaded that can be read. As for writers who HAVE submitted stories, then just do as sbw1900 suggested and exercise a little patience.

opb
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 20 Aug 2019 09:14
People have to exercise patience with me when I say I'm writing (or proof-reading) something. Current output (outfall?) is very very slow.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 14:10
What I'd like, if possible, would be some acknowledgement, even automated, that a story I've sent has been received, rather than just vanished into cyberspace...

Tiredny
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 20:28
myrkassi:
What I'd like, if possible, would be some acknowledgement, even automated, that a story I've sent has been received, rather than just vanished into cyberspace...

I use the 'Contact Us' page on this site to submit stories. You always get an automated response that says something like 'Thank you. Your message has been received'.

Hope this helps...

Tiredny

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 22 Aug 2019 13:37
Thanks - I'll try that with the story I'm just finishing now.

sbw1900
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 14 Oct 2019 22:26
I submitted my second story via email on Aug 11, 10:31 AM, and my third story Sep 19, 2019, at 1:06 PM. To date I have not received any acknowledgement that any story was actually received by the library. I am grateful for the library and I am sympathetic to the selfless people who operated it essentially for free. But, I believe that a quick, simple acknowledgement would be a common courtesy to new authors as well as distinguished veterans.

Thank you,

The Spanking Agent

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 6
Backbeat, greyrain, keitho54, marky123, Odysseus600, olderlovely, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9