The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

How do you come up with a title?

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5
myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 20 May 2013 03:50
For me, sometimes titles have to be laboriously worked out, sometimes they spring naturally from the story, on occasion the title comes first and I think of a story to fit it - and sometimes they come in dreams...

A couple of weeks ago, for example, I dreamt I was looking for a vaguely-remembered story of barrethunter's entitled either 'The Tale of a Bent Copper' or 'The Tail of a Bent Copper', but couldn't find it anywhere. On waking up, I checked the Library, only to find no such story existed - most disappointing...!

opb
Male Author

England
#42 | Posted: 20 May 2013 12:50
I can almost hear Mr Barretthunter's pen scratching out that story as we write, but there is "Policewoman's tail"

With regard to titles for my own stories (when I actually get round to writing them) I often start with the title which often has some sort of play on words in it, and also I take a perverse pleasure in not titling a story something like Spanked Naughty Wife Goes Back to School with no Panties. It would be garnering reads for all the wrong reasons.

Hmmm, perhaps I might just let my halo slip on that one...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#43 | Posted: 20 May 2013 13:34
opb:
a story something like Spanked Naughty Wife Goes Back to School with no Panties.

A literary classic, that one.

yenz
Male Author

Denmark
#44 | Posted: 21 May 2013 15:34
I sometimes, when looking for a story among the stories that are a few years old, happen to open a story, that I have read and commented a long time ago. Because the title of the story does not ring a bell. (It may be because my bell is old and dull) But it is best when the title fits the story.
( Not that I mind refreshing my memory)

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 12
guy9196, Kasey, markert, Rich63, sawsib, Tiredny, Totila
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9