LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

How do you come up with a title?

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 17:51
SOmetimes I think the hardest part of writing is coming up with the title. I think people are influenced more than we think on just the title of the story and easily the titles I came up with that, ones even I wasn't that happy with, are the least read. So, does anyone have some off t he wall advice on how to write a good title?

FLN826
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 18:14
Thats a really good question and something I've had a really hard time with as well. For me, the hardest part is not just coming up with a good title, but one that also gives an idea as to what the story is about (which isnt always possible).

I know I tend to write the story first and try to find the title somewhere in the text of my story, either by content or by actual wording.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 18:23
Try thinking up a concept/idea, flowerchild, rather than a specific title. When your idea generates lots of creative prose, you can decide at the end whet the title is going to be.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 00:05
Usually the idea for a story comes to me, usually while dog walking or otherwise in that pleasant relaxed state between waking and getting up. (Thankfully I'm semi retired now and can enjoy mornings.) I work on the story in my mind and then start to write and then edit, edit edit. The title just pops up usually, but just occasionally it is the beginning and is writtento..

Jimi

tribemen
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 01:54
Generally although not always while driving to work and since I'm retiring in January of 2011 who knows then.

JC

SNM
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 02:16
Titles constantly change for me. Sometimes months after the fact. Mine are usually either a single word ("Vessels," "Backfire"), or an unconventionally long sentence ("Our Suspicions Have Been Confirmed"). In general, I've noticed my titles tend to be rather vague, pertaining to elements of the story that aren't always immediately apparent.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#7 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 02:47
For me the title just pops up somewhere during the creative process. Usually it relates to the core of the story. It can be a single word "Girltalk" or a sentence "What would you do?".

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 03:46
As a reader and not a writer I look for a title that explains what the story is about. I prefer longer more detailed titles.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 08:15
I usually have an idea of the storyline when I start writing and I try and make the title refer to the content in some way. I generally prefer short titles. The Spank Shop and the PGB stories are easy, because with the Spank Shops I just use the number and the name/s of the main participants and with PGB it's just Phi Gamma Beta and the number.

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 09:19
Seegee
I really love your PGB stories. I can't wait for you to add more.

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 5
Derrick30, dund93, karen8419, Kin37, meirth, Velentrius, zappy
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9