Picture Story Challenge, August 2010

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 23:16
barretthunter:
I'm not that keen on writing contests, but that picture is intriguing. I'll see if something comes up (as the Bishop said to the actress).

Well, in terms of this site at least, maybe "contest" is not the best word for it. The main aim is to stimulate the writing of new stories and have a bit of fun in the process ...

FLN826
Female Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 23:50
Februs:
Well, in terms of this site at least, maybe "contest" is not the best word for it. The main aim is to stimulate the writing of new stories and have a bit of fun in the process ...

How about "Story Showcase" then?

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 23:59
I shall try to write to it, but overall I think I'd prefer it if the stories were not voted on. I write for my own pleasure and amusement and hope I give pleasure and amusement and possibly a little stimulation to readers. I have little interest in whether a particular story is voted top or not.
I particularly like the challenge of writing to a theme.

Jimi

beth83
Female Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 02:35
The beginning of the story could start at the beach, a party gone wrong where the party goers end up in the room in the picture. Or, after a session in the room, the punished person could return to the beach party with the marks of his/her spanking showing through the swim suit. I don't think all of the action of the story would have to take place in the room. If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct me.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 02:48
beth83:
I don't think all of the action of the story would have to take place in the room. If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct me.

No, that's exactly right. The room or it's significance just needs to be part of the story.

dan2bend
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 03:46
The picture is, indeed, intriguing and reminds me of a picture setting in the MMPI ("Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Index") in which one looks at a picture and writes a short story or paragraph describing the setting. What is written tells a lot about the personality of the individual, especially when taken in context with five or six other pictures and subsequent descriptions written about them.

We'll have to see what types of personalities emerge from this ... though I suspect we'll find the authors are just a bunch of spankos!

Having come in second in the last contest, I think I'll give this another go and see if I can't improve the results. But, should one submit but a single entry or many? Hmmmm ... don't want to split the votes!

Dan ... a/k/a Jack Crawford

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#17 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 16:38
So just to be sure, the story must be based on or connected to the picture?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#18 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 16:59
cheery:
So just to be sure, the story must be based on or connected to the picture?

*nods* as flops said ... 'Please write a spanking story based on your interpretation of the picture below.' By my reckoning, the word 'interpretation' gives a fair amount of scope

rollin
Male Member

USA
#19 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 18:37
Is it a picture or a place? You see there are a lot of ways to think about this and some may be a bit outside the box. I hope that is ok. I was never very good at coloring inside the lines.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 20:04
rollin:
Is it a picture or a place? You see there are a lot of ways to think about this and some may be a bit outside the box. I hope that is ok. I was never very good at coloring inside the lines.

Picture or place - could be either, Rollin. Feel free to think outside the box. It will be good to see what everyone comes up with.

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
CarolinaPaddler, DEllis, lorac, PGreenham, towncryer3921
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9