The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

New Age Catagory?

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 01:22
Lincoln,
This is slightly off topic but as I understand it sex in the stories between adults and children is not allowed but teenagers are OK. I have read several stories in the library where there is sex between adults and teenagers. If you would like an example read The Spy by Flogmaster.

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 07:04
By the title I thought we were discussing crystals and meditation and chant.

I don't really see the need for a Young Adult category. Aside from the extra work that would be required to implement the change, I'm not convinced that it would be worth it. What would be gained that would be remarkably different from the categories we have now? How much different is the Young Adult category from the Adult category? And, if we do implement a category for 18 - 20something, what about adding categories for 30somethings and so on?

I understand that there are those who would rather read about this particular age group, but why then leave out those who prefer to read only about 30-year-olds?

It seems to me it's too much work for not much gained.

-LK

dan2bend
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 08:55
I agree with the notion that a Young Adult category would be convenient for many ... but I also tend to think that there may be a tendency to over engineer the data base, thus accidentally making the data base harder to work with.

Look at some of the categories set up now ... how many stories include a "ferule" or have "religious" orientations?

It seems to me that the majority of readers don't know HOW to search for stories, or even that stories are really searchable. The effort would be huge to make the changes, and the payoff, perhaps, not worth the effort. These changes tend to take on a life of their own and suddenly the project becomes, "let's change the entire database from construction to content" ... I've been involved in enough of these types of projects to say that with a high degree of confidence.

It's a good idea ... but maybe not a good time.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#14 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 09:05
tiptopper:
This is slightly off topic but as I understand it sex in the stories between adults and children is not allowed but teenagers are OK.

The age of consent in the UK is 16 and as such this is what we allow for in the library...

In response to the original question, I feel that we give more than enough info on the stories in here to not need another category and we have plenty to do as it is without undertaking adding 'young adult'.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 13:54
The amazing folks who created and administer this library have already taken on such a huge job for themselves, I already worry if their creation can be truly sustainable over the long haul.

Is it really wise to continue asking them to do more?

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#16 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 14:07
Guy:
Is it really wise to continue asking them to do more?

Oh absolutely, gives them something to do and makes them feel wanted.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#17 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 14:10
cheery:
Oh absolutely, gives them something to do and makes them feel wanted.

Oh sure ... we have nothing to do all day except sit around and drink sherry!

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 15:13
Linda:
Oh sure ... we have nothing to do all day except sit around and drink sherry!

That's a pretty important societal function. We'll leave you to it then.

-LK

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#19 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 15:16
LawrenceKinden:
That's a pretty important societal function. We'll leave you to it then.

We are pretty damn good at it too *opens another bottle of port*

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 23:46
PinkAngel.

Thank you for clearing up the age/sex question. I had not seen it specifically set forth anywhere else in the Library.

In the USA the age of consent varies by state. In 32 states the age of consent is 16, in 11 states it is 18 and in 7 states it is 17. There are also exceptions; for instance in one state it is 14 provided the older partner is not more than 5 years older than the younger partner and in another state it is 16 unless it is a student/teacher relationship and then it is 18.

16 seems like a reasonable compromise since that is what it is in the UK and in the majority of states in the USA.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 7
ch1ckory, Dane, Golterenn, lurkingcol, MichaelG63, mrswitcheroo, sodapopram, spankedbywife
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9