library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Wow! That's old! How about a story and letters from 1937?

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Tiredny
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:54
I realize this is a Zombie thread, nevertheless I stumbled upon the following short letters to a 1949 magazine called Tittler:

Dear Editor,
I agree with Gregg Sherwood, when she says, in your June issue that no man will ever take her over his knee and spank her! Why the very idea! Me allow a husband or boyfriend to wallop me with a hairbrush across thin panties? Why my Mom stopped spanking me after my 14th birthday. I could NEVER love a man who'd spank my bottom!

Louise Barr, New York City.

Dear Editor,
Baby Lake is right. I could NEVER love a man who didn't take me across his knee and soundly spank me when I need it (which is often). My husband not only takes the hairbrush to me now, but he did when he was courting me. That's his privilege. It's very painful, because my husband is thorough and leaves no protection on my seat of learning when he spanks me, but I recognize his right to wield a hairbrush, strap, or any other corrective implement where it will do the most good. I'm married to a MAN and he takes no nonsense from me.

Mrs. Charles L. N., Chicago, Ill.

Dear Editor,
I don't understand your American girls. When I was a tiny tot my Mother spanked me with her palm. Later Mummy and Daddy slippered me or hairbrushed me - and jolly hard too. In school all of us girls were soundly birched on our panties when we were naughty (the boys were caned - I know because we peeked). But where is the argument? OF COURSE women must be punished. I guess I'll never understand American women - nor American men if they don't assert their right to chastise their women!

Pamela B. T. L., Toronto

Hope you find these amusing.

Anyhow, I seriously doubt these "letters" were actually sent to this magazine. My guess is the "letters" were borrowed from an earlier magazine (1930's?) or were written as filler for this publication.

Regards,
Tired

Often123
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 29 Dec 2019 18:01
I remember reading letters to the editor in Life magazine that were written in the mid40's regarding spankings for late teen and adult women, mostly written by women. I found a large collection in the college library.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 19 Jan 2020 22:37
I just found this thread. If the 1930s seems old, how about 1885. One time many many years ago, wandering through a university library, I found a tome with the lengthy title:

Experiences
of
Flagellation

A Series of Remarkable Instances of Whipping
Inflicted on Both Sexes.

with

Curious Anecdotes of Ladies
Fond of Administering Birch Discipline.

Compiled by
An Amateur Flagellant.

London:
Printed for Private Circulation.

I made a xerox of it (which I have probably lost by now). I also typed it into my computer (this was long before it was easy to scan or photograph documents), and you can read it at http://web.newsguy.com/jefesse/experiences.txt. It is basically a grab bag of opinion articles and letters to the editor, probably stolen from various (identified) publications. On the whole I don't think it's very entertaining reading. I find it most interesting for its historical value.

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 20 Jan 2020 00:49
If History was taught like this in school, there would be a lot more interest. ; )

Tiredny
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 4 Jun 2023 04:29
Just happened to stumble across another old magazine article on domestic discipline and felt it belonged in this old zombie thread.

Anyhow, follow the link below to read this 1949 article:

Spare the Rod

Regards,
Tired

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 7
Donna, donut88, GivanTake, kevincnil, Schoyce1, Scot, TonyC
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9