Palm punishments

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 1 Mar 2016 08:23
From the wikipedia article on the movie Danny, Champion of the World:
Meanwhile, Danny has started a new term at school, with a new schoolmaster, Captain Lancaster (Ronald Pickup), a strict disciplinarian who practices corporal punishment and detests lateness and cheating. He has already given Danny 1,000 lines as punishment for being late for school twice. When the headmaster, Mr. Snoddy (Lionel Jeffries), who is secretly rather fond of gin even during school hours, catches him caning Danny after another pupil whispered to him during class, he gives Lancaster a severe reprimand and tells him he will personally see that he is "out on his ear" if there is ever a repetition of his action; as he had made it clear to him on his appointment that corporal punishment was not permitted in the school.

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 1 Mar 2016 10:13
James Joyce writes about palm punishments in Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man. The instrument of choice of the Jesuits was the pandybat - a strip of thick spoon shaped leather, rumoured to have a lead weight sewn into the end.

"The soutane sleeve swished again as the pandybat was lifted and a loud crashing sound and a fierce maddening...pain made his hand shrink together"

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 1 Mar 2016 15:01
Goodgulf:
If only there was another part of the body with a thick covering of flesh that seemed almost designed to spank...Oh wait, there is

My sentiments exactly!

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 1 Mar 2016 20:49
caning the hands can lead to permanent nerve damage. You can see that damage if you look at Margaret Thatcher's hands. Hand strapping was used extensively in Canada on pupils until it was phased out in the 70s. school CP was made illegal in 2004.

anyway, a cuple of my "growing pains" stories involve hand strapping

Guy
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 1 Mar 2016 21:18
rachelredbum:
caning the hands can lead to permanent nerve damage.

Whilst the main CP given in my elementary school (NE USA) was paddling and OTK spanking, the only formal CP I ever received was a ruler to the palm. It certainly wasn't a brutal event. In fact, (based on that foggy, long-ago memory) I would call it more of a token punishment. I don't remember my palm stinging two minutes after the event!

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#16 | Posted: 2 Mar 2016 01:04
In my youth i recall a programme called Grange Hill in early 1980s, that had the Headmistress caning a female pupil on the hand.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 2 Mar 2016 05:22
Did Grange Hill show a girl getting the cane on the hands? I remember early in the show some boys were caned with the permission of their parents, but they never specified if it was on the hands or the behind. As it turned out it probably gave the kids some extra cachet amongst their friends.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 2 Mar 2016 06:07
So I did a search on "Grange Hill cane" and a clip called Cathy Gets the Cane came up, so the answer is yes and no.

Yes, there was a caning given. No, they didn't show it hitting her hand. The head wasn't in favour of doing it, but Cathy's mother insisted since she didn't want to see Cathy forced to switched schools. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bfxL6fgoQ for the details.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 2 Mar 2016 06:43
There's this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef9hF95BYwE It's all about "getting the strap" but the protagonist avoids it. It's cute, if not satisfying in the usual way.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 2 Mar 2016 16:46
I have a story in the library called "Scottish Hands, English Arse" which has the scenario which Belsteph seeks. Basically it's set in Berwick-On-Tweed, a town on the border between England and Scotland and the female miscreant gets the best (or worst) of both worlds. I'm not a great fan of hand punishment, especially using canes, but I know a female kinkster from Berwick who likes school scenarios and the story just wrote itself.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 4
Balor, carto75, derekjster, jenwish, muralebajt, Pembridge06, StefK, tomd, wind
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9