LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

RFC (Request for Comments) spankicons

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
whippersnapper
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 01:33
Perhaps it is because the weather has been terrible here recently or perhaps it is because I just wrote an email with content which could have been enhanced with the addition of a few specialized emoticons. Whatever the reason, I concluded that a set of spankicons is needed. A quick google search convinced me that none existed. The closest hits I got were various laments about the lack of "spank icons" for the purpose of flaming politicians, etc. In the scheme proposed below, this would be }***(+++ This particular icon should never be used in erotic spanking fiction; however, I get ahead of myself.

My goal is to restrict spankicons to combinations of standard ISO 8859-1 keyboard symbols and punctuation with minimal overlap with emoticons.

I propose that spankicons be composed of the following elements:

( Left spanked body part
) Right spanked body part.
The body part defaults to the generally recognized one but may be redefined in the context of the story or email.

Spanking implements:

? Hand
| Cane, whip, switch
! Paddle, etc.
} or { A very severe implement not suitable for erotic fiction.

There are 2 arousals, male and female.
/ Male arousal
@ Female arousal

Note: / and @ may be used for patting, when appropriate, instead of ( or ). In this case, intensity modifiers (see below) should be used with great care.

Joined arousals, /@ or @/ are, well, joined arousals.

The intensity modifier, *, is placed between the implement and the body part or before the arousal. The repeat modifier, +, is placed at the end of the spankicon. Up to 3 *'s or +'s may be used with 1 indicating a bit more, 2 indicating quite a bit and 3 indicating a lot.

/++ is difficult, /+++ is probably impossible although @+++ is a definite possibility.

Various spankicons might be:

?( a gentle spank to the left side by hand
)**?++ a rather thorough hard hand spanking to the right side
?**()**?++ a hard continuous hand spanking, either alternating sides or simultaneous on both sides.

The ? may be replaced with !, |, { or } depending upon the implement.

Note the use of { and }. As I said, this evil implement (whatever it is) probably has no place in erotic fiction (at least the fiction I prefer to read) since it probably causes significant physical harm.

}(
or
){

The intent and purpose of these spankicons is to replace words like THWAK and CRAAACK which are generally used in spanking fiction to indicate that something is going on. I find the these words interrupt the narrative and are a bit crude. The variety of possible spankicons allows a greater degree of expressiveness. Actual utterances such as "OW" can still be used in the text. since there actually spoken in the story. Spankicons can be used in emails and other communication between like minded correspondents.

Example (I'm not much of an author, but this suggests typical usage):

"You know that you shouldn't have spilled wine all over my clothes", she said. "Look, I have nothing to wear! How can we go out tonight?". He looked up at her; indeed she was wearing nothing. The next thing he heard was "Take your clothes off, all of them; I want to see your bare bottom right now!". He meekly followed her instructions, but he felt a slight thrill /, knowing what was coming next. In an instant, her hand darted out; she grabbed him and yanked him over her lap. "You )? have been very naughty." ?**()**?++ A sting spread out */ on both sides and down his thighs. She worked very carefully @ to bring a uniform bright red color to his backside. "Stand over there and bend over" she commanded as she reached for a paddle, the wicked one with the holes. The sting was !*()*!++ soon submerged under the pain from a !***()***!++ torrent of blows **/. "I feel better now", she said ***@ "now that I've got that out of my system. You may turn around now". She ***/ admired her handiwork. and gently kissed him as she led him to the bed.. ***/***@ ?( )?++ ?()?++. And since she had no clothes to wear, they **/***@ spent !()!++ the entire evening ?*()*? ?/ */***@ ?()?++ in bed as he paid ?*/ ?**()**? /***@ dearly for his mistake.

Any comments? Is this just a waste of time?

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 02:49
You lost me. I would have to have a ledger, explaining all of these symbols. By the time I get to understand these symbols, I will be too tired to read the story.

kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 03:08
You're kidding right?

Katie B.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 05:26
Sorry, but IMHO it is a waste of time as it would interrupt the flow of the story and also lacks the visual impact of WHACK!! or SMACK!!

I don't like stories that merely repeat a word like CRACK!! over and over, even if mixed with other similar words which indicate a solid spank landing, but those words do have impact on my reading if used within or alongside dialogue and/or action descriptors.

I'd find it confusing, and I don't want to be uncertain about who's spanking whom, and with what and how hard, in a story. The plotline may be be intentionally mystifying at times, but the spanking action shouldn't be...
--C.K.

chelsea1234
Female Author

Australia
#5 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 09:06
um I'm really confused

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 11:16
Sorry but far too confusing for me! Can't see how it could work...

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 12:40
There are various spank icons available, though we do not have them accessible from this particular forum. To use them repeatedly in a story would IMO be irritating. Besides - we have a wonderful language, and there just isn't any replacement for the sounds of certain words. Would you really want to replace 'thwack' 'whack' 'whop' 'crack' etc with little icons? I know I wouldn't!

Sorry whippersnapper, nothing personal, but it's not for me.

flopsy

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 15:30
I dunno, whippersnapper. Ascii art icons are soooo 1990s, ya know.
This is the 21st century, and we need to go with the times.

Instead of little symbols like (#Y#) and the like, why not just use real pictures! When somebody uses a cane on a bare bottom, we can just link to a picture of a nice stiff cane, and a picture of an appropriate bottom.

How do you show intensity? How about a little audio file, so you can hear the swishhhh-CRACK of the cane. We could adapt this to dealing with arousal too, with some suitable prerecorded moans and sighs ...

Hell, instead of writing "He swished the cane down on her unprotected bottom. She moaned with increasing desire," we'll just have an embedded video demonstrating the action. Nothing left to the imagination here.

Or we can just give up and move over to spankingtube.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 8 Jul 2010 22:12
Here is what we can do. Just use symbols. You don't even need a story line. No more words. O. K. ( LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL0)

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 9 Jul 2010 01:31
Sebastian:
No more words. O. K.

I agree completely. We should ban the use of words entirely here in the library. A library with words? Unthinkable!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 11
Balor, Hotscot, ramm77, rudabega
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9