The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Summer Vacation Story Contest 2010

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 6 Jul 2010 11:58
Hi Thanks to everybody who voted for me, even though I was unplaced. (i've been told I got a few).
I did wonder what would happen if I voted all my ten votes to my own story-would I have been discovered , summoned to the baek's study and severely beaten for cheating?!
I however took it seriously and awarded one vote to each of my ten favourite stories, in no particular order and didn't vote for mine.
I did this as I wished to award each author a vote for writing a story I enjoyed and didn't wish to impose my particular preferences on the competition.

Congratulations to the winners they include some of my favourite authors.

Jimi

RHumphries
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 7 Jul 2010 01:03
Congratulations DJB ... I have long been a fan of your site ... and congratulations to all the organizers and participants ... it was a great opportunity to show the diversity of the amazing spectrum of writers that contribute to the library ... great job all round ... Cheers ... RH

Guy
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 7 Jul 2010 02:04
jimisim:
I did wonder what would happen if I voted all my ten votes to my own story-would I have been discovered , summoned to the baek's study and severely beaten for cheating?!

I think the most you could vote on any one story was 5 votes. Also, I believe it was specifically allowed to vote for one's own story, so our author's bottoms are safe. Allowed or not, I couldn't bring myself to actually vote for my own story!

jimisim:
I however took it seriously and awarded one vote to each of my ten favourite stories, in no particular order

I did the same, except I gave my favorite story 2 points.

Guy

dan2bend
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 13 Jul 2010 18:06
BTW - I can't help but notice the comments about limiting words for future story contests. I think it is interesting to note that all but one of the top six vote getters pushed very close to the 2500 word limit ... and that other one was over 1800 words!

My original attempt was more than 1,000 words over the limit and I struggled to get within the 2500 limitations and even though I submitted the shortened work, I was very unsatisfied with the resulting story. There simply was not enough room for character or contextual development.

Oh ... my submissions appear as the author "Jack Crawford", and I know I tend towards the much lengthier stories. I've decided to try my hand at serializing MUCH shorter stories as an added challenge, but perhaps that is a bit like cheating the brevity of word use objective.

Regardless, I should think a LARGER word limitation for future contests might be worthy of some serious consideration.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 11
Adam4824, Euphrosyne, Jason132, Ree, tyrport
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9