LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Fairness

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 20:04
I'd like to ask a simple question: when it comes to spanking stories or even spanking in general, do you prefer "justice/fairness" or a certain imbalance of justice favoring the dominant parties and skewed against the submissive parties? When I read comments I get the feeling we are quite split as an audience in this regard. I get a real kick out of stories where the "victim" is sort of inevitably screwed by their own submissive nature and where an unfair or even slightly mean Top will triumph in the end by virtue of being the dominant.

The library certainly contains both kinds of stories in abundance. Where do you stand? Should justice always prevail? Or is it sexier and more deliciously fun when a sub just can't win?

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 20:18
Since I like stories where the naughty female is always in my opinion to be corporally punished. It stands to reason that I prefer the naughty female to be hand spanked, paddled, hair brushed, birched, caned or whipped. Of course such punishment should always be given on their downed panties, knickers, or bloomers. Meaning their bare bottoms, naked rear ends, or voluptuous nude derrieres.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 20:43
I've read and written both kinds of stories, so of course I like both. I think I find stories of deserved punishments more emotionally satisfying, especially when the punishee understands that it is deserved.

I think unjust punishments make for better stories, though. There is much more opportunity for conflict and drama in that case, and knowledge of injustice more easily captures the reader's empathy.

In stories involving injustice, I like it best when the victim is able to salvage something positive from their ordeal.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 20:59
jefesse:
I've read and written both kinds of stories, so of course I like both. I think I find stories of deserved punishments more emotionally satisfying, especially when the punishee understands that it is deserved.

I think unjust punishments make for better stories, though. There is much more opportunity for conflict and drama in that case, and knowledge of injustice more easily captures the reader's empathy.

In stories involving injustice, I like it best when the victim is able to salvage something positive from their ordeal.

I was going to respond but your reply is so much like what I had in mind, I'll merely second it. Plus, you probably put it more succinctly than I would have anyway...

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 21:23
The 'unjust' is not a bad scene as long as it stays away from abusive. There are many r/l situations where one is spanked unjustly, and only sometimes exonerated later.

CS

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 21:41
I prefer some level of fairness, and most times I get that, however if the story takes me that way I've also written enough 'unfair' stories, so I guess I like both. For me, it's mostly dependent on the quality of the writing.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 21:53
Personally, I like stories with unfairness but with some interesting twist. I do not like a story in which a bullying headmaster, father, husband, police officer punishes someone unfairly just using his (or her) power. As many know, I do like stories in which a conscientious and courageous policewoman gets punished by a criminal and also the situation in which an idealistic young teacher challenges the headmaster over his punishing of girls only for him to manufacture a justification for punishing her.

In "real life" I'm the opposite of that - very strong for fairness.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 22:43
kdpierre:
When I read comments I get the feeling we are quite split as an audience in this regard.

Yes, there are many views of fairness when it comes to comments. This is probably due to what I like to call a fictional/reality. In other words, it's fiction, but it could damn well happen in real life. That's where the two sides differ. For me, I like to see punishments that are due to the person facing it. However, these stories must have a good plot building up to such punishment. The turning of the tables on someone is another story I enjoy. The comeuppance if you will. I love to hate the character who is shady and cruel. Then I love to see he/she taking his/her own medicine.

It all boils down to likes and dislikes. In our particular kink it's hard to pin down. There are so many varieties of spanking stories involving the protagonist and antagonist. The good doesn't always win out in them either. The Good The Bad and the 'you're going to get it no matter what."

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 24 Nov 2014 23:33
I'm with barretthunter in not liking stories in which an authority figure abuses his (or her) power to bully someone into taking a spanking. On the other hand, I enjoy stories in which an innocent victim is tricked into getting a spanking.

I suppose the difference, as far as I'm concerned, is that the victim of the bully knows their punishment is unjust, but is powerless to avoid it (and can do nothing to prevent it happening again), while the trickster's victim is at least partly responsible for their own predicament due to their thoughtlessness and gullibility, and will at least learn to be more wary in future.

There have been other threads on this, or similar subjects in the past. I don't know if they are still available somewhere on the site.

DarkRiver
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 25 Nov 2014 14:34
I've enjoyed both sorts of stories though I much prefer a "fair" punishment (which doesn't necessarily mean equally the same punishment if more then one bottom is to be punished).

I've only stopped reading one author on this site and that's because I viewed their later stories as extremely abusive and unjustified. While the excellent writing drew me in, I always felt angry towards the punisher at the end, which was unsatisfying.

On the other hand I like to think of the novella "Moon Goddess and the Son" in which our main female character does suffer excessive spanking, quite abusive ones. Am I angry at her abuser? You bet! On the other hand the abuse is something shapes the characters later actions. It forms her foundation. The spankings/abuse were definitely unfair but without them, or a more moderated/loving punishment for her misbehavior the main female lead would be a completely different character.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 13
Eclaris, Euphrosyne, jranders, karen8419, Siergiej345, SirStephen, Tengen, TheGoodWife25
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9