The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Commenting

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 7 Nov 2014 16:38
I am wondering why many people read stories but don't make any comments? I admit that when I first joined, ( and I am still quite new) I read a few stories but didn't have the confidence to comment, but that changed very soon as I read other comments and realised what was expected. As an author, I find it a great encouragement to receive comments, and love sending pop up messages to my commenters and receiving pop up messages when I have commented. Any one like to enlighten me please?
Regards, Elorac

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 7 Nov 2014 18:59
Elorac, you're actually beating a dead horse here. This has all been hashed out before. Not everyone will comment and it's best to just let the Admins take care of it. They can read so many without commenting and then their account is put on limbo for a while. Februs can explain better than I.

Boyspanker
Male Member

Netherlands
#3 | Posted: 7 Nov 2014 23:39
I imagine quite a few people open a story, but only read a few paragraphs before moving on to another story. In which case, there's nothing to say.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 02:11
bendover:
you're actually beating a dead horse here

Fortunately (for the horse), he's dead and doesn't mind being beaten. But bendover is right - there are just people who don't comment, probably for a variety of reasons, or comment only enough to keep their access from being limited. There also, though, are readers who make quite thoughtful comments; that's what to focus on. In the early days of the Library there was virtually no commenting at all. That changed for the better in what is known around here as the great Comment Explosion. We continue to reap the benefit of said Explosion.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 02:16
Well explained, Rick. Thanks....

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 02:52
What...one is suppose to comment on a story??? News to me. By the way...does one get paid for commenting? We could pay the same rate we pay the Validators, that seems fair to me.

Don't beat any horse, dead or alive please. Just find someone who wants their bottom spanked (should be easy on this site) and beat them instead.

CS

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 02:57
canadianspankee:
Don't beat any horse, dead or alive please. Just find someone who wants their bottom spanked

Ok, instead of "beating a dead horse," we'll change it to "spanking a live bottom." Not sure exactly what meaning that conveys, but who the hell cares?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#8 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 06:18
njrick:
we'll change it to "spanking a live bottom.

I'm sure that will be more popular around here than commenting, and as you pointed out that there has been an explosion in the latter.

Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 07:42
Ok, thanks for comments! ( ha ha )
As a newbie, I was just wondering that's all.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#10 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 10:51
@elorac
it's really an old topic. I started to comment more after reading this story:
"An unappreciative reader learns her lesson" by Rick Marlowe. Maybe you will like it.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 10
brushonthebare, Derrick30, Heike, littleb, trippfontaine
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9