The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Re: Mrs Brackenridge

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 26 Jun 2010 07:43
CK, I actually meant M/F. They may not be here, but Grace has posted her stories in a number of places over the years, as I am sure you are aware. I can't remember if she has actually shown the spankings, but she has hinted at spanking between husbands and wives in some stories. It's not a common theme and she is more likely to deal with spanking of children by older authority figures.

psummers08
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 26 Jun 2010 14:30
I see your point CK---the emotional undertones do contribute heavily to a story. However, that is not always the case. Legendary and well-versed authors such as yourself can easily distinguish between spankees/spankers of different genders and clearly communicate the dissimilarities in emotions as well---in other words, even with the pronouns and physical descriptions erased and androgynous names used, readers can almost always discern the orientation of the story. In fact, some authors take a step further and can show the age of the participants without even mentioning the literal number; for example, an 11 year old would react differently than a seven year old.

Many authors, though, are not at that level yet, which unfortunately causes their writing to be ambiguous. Such is the original point of my previous posting.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 26 Jun 2010 16:36
psummers08:
I see your point CK---the emotional undertones do contribute heavily to a story. However, that is not always the case. Legendary and well-versed authors such as yourself can easily distinguish between spankees/spankers of different genders and clearly communicate the dissimilarities in emotions as well---in other words, even with the pronouns and physical descriptions erased and androgynous names used, readers can almost always discern the orientation of the story. In fact, some authors take a step further and can show the age of the participants without even mentioning the literal number; for example, an 11 year old would react differently than a seven year old.

Many authors, though, are not at that level yet, which unfortunately causes their writing to be ambiguous. Such is the original point of my previous posting.

Page: «« 1 2

Well, I can't argue with you there, experience counts for a lot in most endeavors--including writing stories, spanking-oriented or otherwise.

I also believe it may have something to do with the writer's emotional resonance with a particular age and/or gender spanking orientation. Grace seemingly has a strong personal resonance with childhood spanking stories, especially opposite-gender ones (M/f and F/m), and she shows subtle but clear interactive variances between a man spanking a girl and a woman spanking a boy--and a woman spanking a girl, for that matter.

Being called "legendary and well-versed" is quite a compliment (thank you kindly), but I doubt that very many people would think much of my spanking stuff if I'd tried to write primarily M/F and M/f stories--I've written a few, but the overall resonance isn't there the way I feel it while writing a F/M or F/m story. I can visualize myself in the role of the male spankee I'm describing, humbled yet excited, just as I can usually visualize myself in the role of one of Grace's boyish victims bent over a womanly lap.

If you read primarily M/F and M/M stuff, I'm figuring that you can perceive the same thing with the writers of those stories--as well as experience level, of course.

Right now I've been enjoying reading about various age and gender spanking combinations in the Summer Vacation story contest entries--I never knew that people had such enlivening summertime experiences, even fantasy ones... --C.K.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 28 Jun 2010 21:14
Three further Grace stories with some M/F adult spanking content just loaded:

A Roadside Incident
Strong Blend
A Little Experiment In The Greenhouse

DrGrace
Female Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 29 Jun 2010 00:30
Hi All,

I'm flattered that my stories (or missing stories in this case) would be worthy of a discussion. I'm not really "into" adult-on-adult spankings, except as these events are wrapped into adult/child scenarios or as a continuation of an adult/child spanking relationship that morphs into the late teen years of the spankee. I will see if something comes to mind, however.

Warm regards,
Grace

Often123
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 8 Mar 2020 22:45
Dr. Grace, please revisit this idea in some way. I'm sure you could make it well worth reading.

Cal33
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 9 Mar 2020 22:40
I agree with DrGrace - we write for pleasure, so it should be what we are "in to." Weren't many of her stories about little Grace, F/f or M/f? They were a sheer delight to read.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 20:24
Of course an author can write about what they are into or more comfortable with, yet I think you could make other themes work. I love your stories, Dr. Grace.

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 16 Mar 2020 22:22
I just wish Grace would pop up and say hello. She has only written one story in eight years and that was six years ago.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#20 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 20:29
We did trade messages a year or so ago. I hope she will pop in again.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
Essexotk, mihaispk, Perry, school, stuartray, yuntsuchen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9