LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Serious vs Ridiculous Stories

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
SNM
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 01:08
As I've said multiple times, I don't take my spanking fiction all that seriously. Speaking for myself, I find my own spanking fetish rather absurd, and that shows in my work. That said, I generally try to create internally consistent worlds which follow their own rules and at least pay lip service to plausibility.

BUT, there are a number of story ideas (including some of my favorite fantasy scenarios) I've been toying with for years that I haven't been able to bring myself to write because they're just too absurd to justify. Just this month though, I made the acquaintance of a spanko artist with similar tastes to my own, and wrote a story adaptation of one of his more "out there" pieces. He loved it, but I'm kind of hesitant to post it here on account of it just being so damned ridiculous. I am rather proud of it though...

So, what do you guys think? Would including outlandish pieces that run on pure fetishy dream logic be a bad idea, or do you think I should stick to stories that could actually be plausible?

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 01:14
I'd say to post it.
The realistic ones are great, but sometimes pure flights of fantasy are needed too. There are plenty of other outlandish stories around already, so it would be in good company (assuming it is not too far out to be accepted by our illustrious head librarian, naturally).

Malcatraz
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 01:33
FiBlue:
I'd say to post it.
The realistic ones are great, but sometimes pure flights of fantasy are needed too.

I agree completely. I am a little jealous of the authors with enough imagination to write science fiction or fantasy based stories. One of my favorite series contained spanking robots trying to take over the world and being defeated by spankos wearing tinfoil hats teamed with squads on vanillas. I say go for it.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 02:36
Post it...let the viewers decide.

CS

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 02:43
There's ALL kinds of stories on this blog. What are you worried about? Post it, especially if it's something that you're really proud of...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 03:42
I have done quote a few ridiculous stories (don't ask me to name them - that would be like self-plugging, which as you all know, I refuse to do... any more). It's a perfectly-acceptable form of the spanking tale. Post away.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 03:42
I'd suggest reading some of JuanOne's work. Hs did some brilliantly absurd work and they featured lots of spankings.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 05:14
Go for it, SNM! There is always some audience for every kind of story here. That's what makes this such a diverse and thriving site. Having seen the artwork you've based the story on, I'm certain it will be enjoyed by readers here.

opb
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 08:02
I am with the other, the absurdist school of spanko writing seems particularly apt considering the context.

You are right to make the distinction between internally consistent fantasy worlds and true absurdism, though I suspect that the latter is more defined by the reader's response to a piece than by any objective measure.

samslipper
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 17 Jun 2014 18:00
By all means post and let us read. These are all fantasies and some among us do have some odd ones which are great to read.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 5
GEML66, rastorone79
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9