library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Interactive Story

SNM
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 8 May 2014 13:53
With my latest serial finally (after fully two years of writer's block) finished and the final chapter waiting to be loaded, I've set my mind to other projects. One experiment that appeals to me is an interactive serial, where the readers decide how the story goes.

Basically, it would be a serial written in fairly short chapters that go up every week (or every two weeks, if comments are slow). The readers can then leave comments saying what they think should happen next, and I either go with the majority vote, or take the suggestion that has the most potential. There's two possible ways of doing this:

1. Shared authorship style. The story is written in first or third person like any other spanking story, and the commentors can request or suggest for anything to happen in the next chapter.

2. Robe and wizard hat style. The commentors can only control a single character in the story, who acts as the audience's avatar, with everything else being up to me. This kind of story could even be written in second person, if desired (ie, the story is about "you").

This kind of story can only work if there's enough interest to ensure a consistent and prompt readership, so that I can read the comments and have time to write the next chapter off of them before the next round of LSF uploads. That's why I'm raising the topic here on the forums before jumping into it. Does this sound fun to anyone? If so, which of the two permutations I listed should we try? What kind of scenario or setting? I'd prefer something lighthearted, sexy, and F/F or F/M focused, personally, but I'm adaptable. My only hard and fast rules are no M/M and no kids.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 8 May 2014 14:02
It does sound kind of lighthearted and fun. I would guess it all depends on the comments you receive here at the forum.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 8 May 2014 15:47
Sounds intriguing and fun, but of course you won't be able to please all the people all the time since different commenters may want the story to go in different directions.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 8 May 2014 15:59
Would certainly give it a go although wizards etc. are not usually my territory

Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 8 May 2014 21:34
An intriguing idea, and one I'd certainly be interested in! It would be fun to see how it comes together.

Malcatraz
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 8 May 2014 22:29
Sounds like a plethora (can you tell I used a thesaurus) of fun. I would love to participate in such an exercise.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 9 May 2014 02:21
It sounds something between a roleplaying game and a 'choose your own adventure' story - or possibly one of those 'reality' TV shows where the audience get to vote (now I come to think of it, that might not be a bad setting for this kind of story). I'll watch with interest, and may contribute - I prefer F/F to F/M, and a variety of spankees - one spankee constantly getting it either becomes unbelievable, or possibly abusive. Perhaps a small stable of spankees, with the commenters getting to vote on which one gets the next spanking?
On a related note, have you noticed/read the 'Chronicles of Zark' shared-world project on this site? Not quite the same as interactive fiction, but if you're interested in fiction with multiple authors, this might be something you'd enjoy reading, or even contributing to...

SNM
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 9 May 2014 14:22
Cool, so there's interest. So, do me a favor and pick your favorite answers to these two questions:

1. What kind of control do the commenters have?

A. They can suggest what happens in the next chapter in broad terms and have control over everything.

B. They can only suggest what the main character does, as in a roleplaying game.

2. What scenario sounds best for this out of the following options?

A. Student at an implausibly spank-happy college (same one that my Paddling Team and Backfire series are set at)

B. A new servant or slave comes to the darkly beautiful castle of a darkly beautiful sorcerer-queen (new setting)

C. Superhero story, with all the skintight spandex that implies (same setting as my old "Sidekick" story that I never finished)

Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 9 May 2014 21:47
I'd love to participate in whatever you feel like creating for us! If I had to choose, I'd rather have the comments control one character, simply because I'm better at being creative within defined boundaries.

Personally, I'd be most interested in scenario B (gotta love castles). The school scene would be my second choice. I've never been much of a fan of superhero stories, but I'm game to try anything with spanking in it ;)

bendover
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 9 May 2014 22:59
I would say:

1. B

2. B

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 9
bluepencil, Derrick30, DjZolt, giantsfan1529, jhw, Nmart, onegame, saripas, wendybutterfly
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9