LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Archie Andrews Dies

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#1 | Posted: 26 Apr 2014 18:41
For many of us older types, Archie was a comic book teen who many of us grew up knowing and admiring his ability to get into and out of trouble during his life. We also knew and liked his many friends including his best friend Jughead, and who cannot recall his two beautiful girlfriends, Veronica and Betty.

The comic book producers have recently announced Archie will or has died in the comics. Although only a comic book character he was one that certainly made me laugh and wish I was just a little more like him when I was younger. I suppose Archie had no real connection to the current young generation so the announcement is no surprise, but still another item in past history that will soon never be seen again.

I wrote "Archie and the Gang", recently posted on site, as a farewell to one of my favourite characters in the fantasy world. For those of you who also enjoyed the comic book character I recommend the story as a fond remember of the Archie character and all the memories that go along with that.

CS

barb
Female Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 26 Apr 2014 21:21
This makes me very sad, I read your story and found out that Archie was dying at that time. This truly is the end of an era. I guess all the rest of the characters are deceased as well. Very sad.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 26 Apr 2014 22:37
I really enjoyed every Archie comic I ever read. As a young boy I was so in love with Veronica. She was definitely my favorite. Characters such as they were will be missed by our generation; the older ones.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 27 Apr 2014 00:44
In the UK Archie Andrews was a well known music-hall ventriloquists doll.
Believe it or not there was an Archie Andrews radio show with a ventriloquist's doll just post war and into the 50s. I think the vent was called Peter Brough.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 27 Apr 2014 01:05
Well Archie is dying, that's just to end the "Grown Up Archie" line. Those are the comics where they printed "What Ifs" for him marrying Betty or Veronica and are set when he's in his 20s as opposed to being a teenager.

The regular comics (with the eternal teen) will continue as is.

I can't help but think that this has something to do with the boardroom struggles that have been happening over the last few years.

Goodgulf

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 27 Apr 2014 01:15
Got to remember that Archie started in the '40's. He's done quite well to continue into this day.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 27 Apr 2014 03:25

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 27 Apr 2014 04:33
I didn't know Archie had a last name

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 27 Apr 2014 13:10
I collect comics, but never collected Archie. The one exception to this being the special, Back to Riverdale. I will say, Archie was always readable, even if you could never confuse it with great literature. It is a disturbing trend that when some editor doesn't know what to do with a comic character, the character is killed off. Perhaps the most tasteless example of this was when DC let the fans vote by phone (at 50c per call) on whether Robin should live or die.

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 27 Apr 2014 14:18
Archie was the one comic book I gravitated to and rode my bicycle down to the Rexall Drug to get my dose of the teenage antics of Archie and the gang. Oh how times have changed and what kids find interesting today.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
burrusse, donaldo, dund93, Flatfish, Redskinluver, Salguod
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9