LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Too many swats, strokes, licks!

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
twisted8
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 16 Jun 2010 14:29
My sense of it is that we may be talking apples and oranges here; story telling vs real life play.

My personal life mirrors many others in that I have had even experienced players, let alone rookies, with low tolerance levels and then 'pain junkies' that seemly can go on forever. Ditto those that bruise just by looking mean at them vs those that fade to normal after harsh abuse in just a matter of hours or overnight. Context, time, and ambiance are just as big a factor. Last weeks pain junkie is sensitive as a lamb today. And the subby going into a 'play' session reacts quite differently when lead by the ear to a 'punishment' session.

Story telling seems to me to be a different approach to satisfying your kink. It speaks to the intellect & imagination. Using that connection to excite and delight the libido as compared to the actual physical sensations of real play. The trick is to tell a good story that holds the readers attention (that would be me). If you can do that is not the sky the limit? I empathize with SpankDaddy that improbable situations that can't get past your suspension of belief won't make for a good story or reading experience. But a writer that knows a trick or two can take the same thing and make you crazy with a big satisfied smug grin on your face.

I think I can provide a good example of this from one of rollin's stories; The Resort, now here on the site. I love his stuff and have this and other of his stories stashed on hard copy to make sure that they are always there regardless of computers or electric light.

rollin:
The same goes for multiple implements where many strokes are piled on. There is no way in a story having a plausible CP plot, that one person would get 50 with a hairbrush plus 25 with a belt plus 30 with a paddle then 12 with a cane. It's absurd. Yet I see this in stories over and over again.

Now go read the last part of 'The Resort'. The part where the couple at the spanking resort book a session with one of the house ProDoms. I think you will see what I mean. Even good writers like rollin can get it both ways.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 16 Jun 2010 22:27
I read The Resort and it's a good story in what I would call the "scene" genre. And I agree that in this environment things that do happen in real life play sometimes really are quite severe. Multiple implements, lots of strokes--not that far off the mark. But my problem lies more with the type of story where the story characters are not "players" and are not experienced and yet what seems like an ordinary DD or pedagogical punishment goes off the rails and gets so unbelievable in that context that the reader can no longer suspend disbelief. It's here that some writers go overboard, i. e., jump the shark.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 17 Jun 2010 15:43
rollin

Well, first of all the story's written by Case Wintermute (it was incorrectly attributed to you) and it's rather obvious from the get-go that the two protagonists (lovers) are fairly heavily into the "spanking scene"--so I agree that it's fairly believable that they can both endure the severe, multiple-implement punishment session that they sign up to receive together. (What better way to bring a loving spankophile couple closer together?).

If it had been a domestic discipline scenario instead, with one of the lovers administering that same severe level discipline to the other for some serious infraction (or even engagng a pro domme to do it while he/she watched), I'd find that equally plausible IF it were established in the story that they'd been practicing serious DD for some time and were used to pretty harsh spankings being delivered to marital offenders. (It wouldn't matter that much to me even if the extensive chastisement was considered playful rather than punitive, if it were established that the recipient was accustomed to undergoing those kinds of spankings.)

OTOH, if the story had involved a nervous, uncertain couple just beginning to experiment with DD and it had described that severe of a punishment being administered to one of them by the other, then IMHO there would be believability issues. (I might still enjoy such a story as "fantasy fodder," particularly if it were F/M, but it would require a bit of "suspension of disbelief.")

The context is quite important, that's obvious...

--C.K.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 4
canth256, DianaMiller, john0918, Katpannifer, kingkoban, madlibsparty, Sarrie, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9