LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Too many swats, strokes, licks!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 08:00
I would like to see if others feel the same way I do about some stories. When a story is written to read like a real life story It should have a real life number of swats in it. I see so many well written stories that are ruined in my opinion because the author showed the spankee getting over 100 solid strokes with a large paddle. I have been a spankO for 50 years and I know that no one has a butt that can absorb 100 hard swats with a school or sorority paddle. That would cause serious bruising and could results in blood clots. To me adding more swats then is believable hurts a story. Do you feel the same way?

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 11:33
Your point is well made - the better stories are the more realistic ones

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 12:54
I'll vary my stories, because readers do seem to have different preferences, but I try to stay within the limits of reason. Of course, it does make a difference what sort of implement is being used, how hard, and how 'toughened up' the particular butt is from previous spankings. Since the focus in my stories tends to be on 'first times' there isn't much toughening up that has occurred, but that is often balanced by a gradual build-up in the initial spanking.

No matter what you do, it's not going to seem 'right' for some readers - I've had commenters say that 'she got off easy' when I thought I'd described a pretty sound paddling, and recently, when character got nine strokes of a cane, that it was too too severe.

The other way 'too many swats' hurts a story is that I think it gets boring to read 'swat,' 'smack' or 'whack,' a hundred times, even if intperspersed with scolding, and crying, etc. To accomodate all tastes, sometimes, after first describing how it's being delivered (and received), I'l just say something like "the paddle landed more times than she could count" or "nntil she couldn't take any more" and let the reader imagine how many that might be. (It IS all right for readers to use their imagination, after all).

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 18:21
There are a lot of factors involved in the length and intensity of a fictional spanking, including the age of the recipient, the type of implements employed, the degree of recovery time (if any) between different parts of the spanking (or between separate spankings) if different implements (or more than one spanker) are involved, and especially how accustomed to being spanked--and how severely--the spankee is shown to be.

In a lot of stories that are obviously "fantasy fodder," the length and/or intensity of the spankings may be intentionally shown as excessive for the situation--not all these narratives are meant to be strictly realistic.

That being stated, I've read convincing accounts of actual RL spankings, most of them described as "play" or erotic chastisements, that exceed anything that I've written in my stories RE adult spankings--and I admit that many of my stories are "fantasy fodder." These were described spankings involving consenting adults that I found no particular reason to disbelieve (no apparent motivation for the posters to lie).

So AFAIK adult derrieres can absorb a great deal of very sound punishment under the right circumstances, something that I've discovered personally albeit in a more limited manner--it may appear to be implausible, but even in RL it can and does happen.

Of course, stories involving young children being spanked are obviously somewhat different...

--C.K.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 18:45
I agree that unbelievable quantities hurt a story, but I have learned in my 30 years as a spanker and spankee that there is a lot of variation to what can happen in real life. Spankdaddy, you mentioned over a hundred strokes with a sorority paddle is not believable? Well I was on the receiving end of a lucite sorority paddle spanking of over 250 strokes with no clots or anything other than an unspeakably sore bottom! I have spanked women who squawked at a crisp hand spanking and others whose bottoms looked like hamburger and still asked for more. I have had play partners stay bruised for a week and others recover in a matter of hours with no sign of anything one day later.

The fact is what is believable tends to be what we can relate to......and not necessarily what is possible. Every single one of my stories is based on personal experience of some kind, even if some or most of the situation has been fictionalized to a degree. I mentioned in another thread that I think spank writers who have never "done it" are more prone to unbelievable stories, but as many pointed out to me....it is not a hard and fast rule.

The thing that hurts a story more for me are implausible scenarios, tenuous rationales and characters that share not a single trait with any actual person I've ever met.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 19:19
I'd have to agree with spankdaddy. I know that there are scene players who can take a lot. But first, scene stories are not very interesting to me. So going with real life, incredibly large numbers of strokes destroy the plausibility of the story. The same goes for multiple implements where many strokes are piled on. There is no way in a story having a plausible CP plot, that one person would get 50 with a hairbrush plus 25 with a belt plus 30 with a paddle then 12 with a cane. It's absurd. Yet I see this in stories over and over again.

elisa
Female Member

England
#7 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 22:53
I can actually imagine that I have had what you just quoted rollin, in a CP situation. Maybe not the exact numbers, especially since the person who handed it out doesn't do belts. It doesn't sound unconvincing at all to me.
In the end it does all come back to the experience of the bottom, the Dom and the way an implement is used. I for example normally get the hairbrush in the same way as a handspanking, so in high succession, which does decrease the impact of the single swats, as there is not enough time to gain momentum.

I think that how realistic a story feels does differ hugely between people, both as a result of the difference in irl experience and just the normal factors of what they like to read.
I just hope that we keep the huge variety of types of stories so that everyone can find something that appeals to them. Which is something that, in my opinion, the library achieves at the moment.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 16 Jun 2010 03:33
Well, to me plausibility, in terms of the length and intensity of a spanking given in a story, depends on how the characters are portrayed. If you have a spankee who's been walloped quite regularly and soundly for quite a long period of time, that person recieving a highly extended and quite emphatic butt-blistering doesn't strike me (pun intended) as that difficult to believe--especially if the spanker has been involved in administering some of those earlier chastisements and therefore justifiably believes that it will take an extemely severe punishment to make the recipient feel more than usually disciplined.

If the story has a 12-year-old girl nervously getting her first spanking from her stepmother, then ten dozen bare-assed whacks with a lexan paddle followed by five dozen cracks with a razor strop is going to seem like child abuse. That same punishment spousally delivered to a strong 40-year-old man who's been undergoing strenous marital CP for close to two decades, OTOH, seems well within even RL plausibility.

There are lots of factors involved, obviously...

--C.K.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 16 Jun 2010 08:42
I have to agree with CK and some of the others that people are all different. I once knew a girl who would yelp when being spanked by hand, but could happily giggle her way through a stinging 12 stroke caning.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 16 Jun 2010 11:06
Seegee:
have to agree with CK and some of the others that people are all different

True - all here are most decidedly different! (and some even more different than others)

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 12
Berlidar, Dejo, DjZolt, mobblers, widehide51
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9