The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Shared Worlds

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 09:14
In my Chewton Magna stories, the residents elected a "Beadle or Proctor" every six months for a fixed term.
The beadles were responsible for day to day discipline; I think this idea works although the term could be for one year. The relatively short term however does ensure that the Beadle acts with fairness and propriety as they could of course be subject to similar retribution in the future.
I used an equal number of male and female beadles.
I now think that some of us are singing from the same songbook, and there are several overlapping and good suggestions.
The next move should be we get in touch and exchange email addresses (possibly ones created solely for this story) , and get together to sort out a firm synopsis.
Myrkassi it was your idea and I think the ball is now firmly in your court, however I'm sure that others -self included will assist.
We could then consult with Februs on the best way to proceed, would he be able to give us a sub-heading for the themed story.
We could then invite other authors to take part and post their stories on the theme similar to a competition, but the main editors would be able to refuse a story which strayed too far from the concept.
I expect such an idea would have a limited timescale probably six months or a year after which edited highlights could be published.
I would suggest acting while the idea is fresh and there seems to be considerable enthusiasm.

opb
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 09:17
SNM:
It seems like the more compelling stories would mostly be about interactions between Zarkians and foreigners,

The problem is that if a spanking is a normal occurrence there's no dramatic tension, and no erotic spark. So most stories about cp heavy communities work with tourists or visitors getting more than they bargained for. There are several examples here.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 09:56
jimisim:
We could then invite other authors to take part and post their stories on the theme similar to a competition, but the main editors would be able to refuse a story which strayed too far from the concept.
I expect such an idea would have a limited timescale probably six months or a year after which edited highlights could be published.
I would suggest acting while the idea is fresh and there seems to be considerable enthusiasm.

Disagree. I think this should be an ongoing and open-ended world with stories that begin and end within it. Each author needs to let the other authors know what they're doing so that contradictions don't occur (and so that terrible ideas can be vetted), but I don't think we need any more organization than that. In theory, someone should be able to join the project a year from now and add another story to the Zark universe.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 11:24
SNM:
Disagree. I think this should be an ongoing and open-ended world with stories that begin and end within it. Each author needs to let the other authors know what they're doing so that contradictions don't occur (and so that terrible ideas can be vetted), but I don't think we need any more organization than that. In theory, someone should be able to join the project a year from now and add another story to the Zark universe.

I'm happy with a very loose editing process and being very open-ended; however you slightly contradict yourself by saying that contradictions shouldn't occur and terrible ideas can be vetted (I presume you really mean refused). Therefore you are de facto proposing some kind of vetting process.
I must make clear that there must be no competitiveness and no prizes for the best story, and that must be made clear to commenters.
In my opinion there has to be a small starting committee, (a benign dictatorship) set up to agree and set the original parameters, and write or the first set of stories.
Of course the if LSF is to host this Flopsy and Februs would have to agree and hopefully Flopsy (time allowing)would participate.
I cannot imagine it being a success without properly defined parameters.
I'm very happy with the name Zark btw.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 11:34
Jimisim, you made it sound like you wanted this to be a one-time collaboration, with a few authors working together for a set time to produce a single narrative. Maybe that isn't actually what you meant, but it sounded like it.

Not sure how I contradicted myself by saying that the authors need to communicate and get approval for their stories.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 15:06
A few points to try to clarify my opinions:

I think Zark would be a brilliant idea.
Several contributors have put up very good ideas that need to be pulled
think that the parameters must be set up and adhered to by all those who wish to write to the idea.
(I've seen chain stories in Alex's old blog be taken off theme and imo ruined by an author determined to plug his own particular wishes.So I consider that although new ideas can and should be introduced they have to conform to the parameters of the island.)

I would like to see as many authors as possible participate, there is room for M/F and F/M; however if children are involved (except in the circumstances of parents being punished by proxy)I'm OUT.

I think the first few stories should be written by a few authors who fully buy in to the project then open to all.
There are many authors I would very much like to see contribute as they have already written similar stories.
However even if the idea became very loose then I'd still probably write to the idea, as I've already written several stories on very similar themes.
I have often thought that one of the things I missed most about Alex's blog was the chain stories, but it was only ever six to ten regular authors.
I'm fully prepared to help out in any capacity.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 22 Feb 2014 00:55
Is all this a serious discussion? Perhaps I just don't "play well with others."

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#18 | Posted: 22 Feb 2014 03:43
I would be keen to partake of this! I particularly liked SNM's idea of the street of shenanigans (Desperate Housewives and husbands in need of keeping in line); or Seegee's idea of the small village owned by a powerful family.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 22 Feb 2014 06:46
I'd prefer skype over yahoo, if everyone has it.

Edit: I think Lord Zark is a perfect name exactly because it sounds so ridiculous.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 22 Feb 2014 16:08
Skype isn't very anonymous. Yahoo groups are.

Goodgulf

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 6
Alef, mrswitcheroo, sawsib, Sfar, simar1, StefK, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9