LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Stylizing Dialogue

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 4 Feb 2014 14:45
No, it's how one robang talks to another.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 5 Feb 2014 05:06
P... P... Please forgive me if I've sometimes been guilty of this. I don't know a better way to show a character is frightened and hesitant in addressing someone from whom he/she is about to receive a spanking.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 5 Feb 2014 05:44
You can actually say that they stammered, whether or not you use it in the dialog.

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#34 | Posted: 5 Feb 2014 07:34
You can say it, Seegee but Ryan's visual way of stammering is much more effective (IMHO). Individual writers have their own styles too, which suit them. You can sometimes recognise an author by the way he/she writes...including the use of onomatopoeia and ellipses. And like fashion, what suits one person doesn't always work for another. I've decided to accept that I'm an ellipse kinda girl! I am embracing my inner ellipse. Ive tried not using them since this topic began...and I just can't. So if you hate little dots, please don't read my stories, pop ups, forum contributions or comments...because they will just irritate you.

Sorry guys.

XxxxxX

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 5 Feb 2014 08:28
There's a writer that's well known for breaking the rules of grammar to record "good sounding" dialogue. Read a Harry Potter novel (by J.K. Rowling) and you'll see various tricks, including shouting IN ALL CAPS!

Goodgulf

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 11
danjackson84, icedtea198, mobile_carrot, Shadowdancer, Sojourn
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9