LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Berlin

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 20 Dec 2013 20:32
I'm currently writing a spanking story, humorous but with a serious side, set in Berlin around 1937. It features an intelligent but naif young Englishman of partly German descent who has joined the Diplomatic Service but actually the Intelligence Service. I suppose I've written about a quarter of what will be a long story, probably in parts.

I labour under the disadvantage of never having been to Berlin. I have a degree of knowledge of the German language and I know quite a lot about the Nazis (as well as about British culture and politics of the 1930s). I have looked up a few things on the net. But I may make mistakes about 1930s Berlin and I'm likely to fail to put in local colour. This is a story I'm committed to and want to make good.

So is there anyone better informed about Berlin, particularly 1930s Berlin, who could check the story for me and make suggestions?

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 20 Dec 2013 23:35
I haven't been to Berlin either - but have you read Christopher Isherwood's two classics; "Goodbye to Berlin" and "Mr Norris changes Trains"? Both are set around the period you are interested in and describe a young man's take on what was happening in those days. They were based very much on CI's personal experience there.

blimp
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 20 Dec 2013 23:48
Read Phillip Kerr. Very good on 1930's Berlin through the eyes of his Nazi hating, ex Kripo detective Bernie Gunther. You could also watch Cabaret or as Lincoln suggests read the book! I much prefer the film though! You might even find the orchestra a source of inspiration!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 21 Dec 2013 01:27

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 21 Dec 2013 10:24
I would also mention that "Mr Norris Changes Trains" features Fendom spanking! Not of course that that would be of the slightest interest to your readers...

bendover
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 21 Dec 2013 13:47
Lincoln:
I would also mention that "Mr Norris Changes Trains" features Fendom spanking! Not of course that that would be of the slightest interest to your readers...

Nawwwww! Not at all!

SNM
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 21 Dec 2013 15:17
barretthunter:
I'm currently writing a spanking story, humorous but with a serious side, set in Berlin around 1937

Does not compute.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 21 Dec 2013 19:19
Thanks all - although I'm puzzled by SNM's comment. What does not compute - mixing spanking and humour, seriousness and Berlin...?

I have read "Goodbye to Berlin" but not the rest. The link looks very interesting.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 21 Dec 2013 19:39
barretthunter:
Thanks all - although I'm puzzled by SNM's comment. What does not compute - mixing spanking and humour, seriousness and Berlin...?I have read "Goodbye to Berlin" but not the rest. The link looks very interesting.

I'm guessing that, knowing how German history was going to develop over the following eight years, he felt that there couldn't be too much humor involved RE Berlin in 1937.

IN THE GARDEN OF BEASTS, by Erik Larson, is set a touch earlier (1933-34), but it provides an interesting historical feel for pre-World War II Berlin, from an American perspective... --C.K.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 22 Dec 2013 00:19
So I take it we're not talking about IRVING Berlin...

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 9
fanman52, icedtea198, insonia, LawnDawg
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9