Inspiration

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 04:57
PhilK:
Ideas for new stories seem to come to me quite easily. It's finding the time to get the damn things written that's the problem....

I agree- most of my stories are largely based on events, locations, and people in my life. The bits and pieces are just mixed up and disguised enough to preserve anonymity. I often find I write what I think is just a vanilla journal entry or something- a few paragraphs just to get something out of my head- and it winds up in a story a few months later.

That said, I usually start my stories by thinking of the emotional states I want to convey, then pick the characters, setting etc that will best accomplish that.

I'm too new at this to have writers block yet. I know it's coming eventually and I'm more than a little nervous. The closest I got was the difficulty in writing a Christmas story that several of the others expressed. I have more than a few failed attempts languishing on my hard drive- but maybe there are some salvageable pieces for another story.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 06:21
I agree with Phil K and Seegee: It's finding the time to write the damn things. Inspiration is all around. For instance, I've just found some inspiration in just the title of a story posted here and more in another story which inspired to write a continuation or sequel of sorts. Another inspiration came from a TV show I recently watched and yet another just from seeing an ad for DVD's and seeing "McClintock" as one of the ones shown (nothing to do with John Wayne's or Maureen O'Hara's characters, but a continuation of their history). I just wrote a Christmas-themed one and thought of so much more I could have added, I decided to write a sequel (or at least an epilogue). Plus I still need to write the "part two" of my Challenge entry story...

Now, it's just a matter of find the time to write the damn things...

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 14:43
When it comes to seasonal stories (like Christmas ones) I'll sometimes get inspiration "off season" as it were. Which can give me months to finish the story, but then I have to remember to post it when the times comes.

Goodgulf

Graves94
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 14:59
rollin:
Stephen King's book "On Writing." What he says is to look around. Stories are everywhere. In casual conversations. In the news. On TV shows. In the spanking story genre it's a matter of asking "what if?"

I sincerely wish that I had rollin's imagination when it comes to story lines. The examples he gives are really inspired. For me, I start with a mere shell, or even just an opening situation, then am dependent upon my characters to lead the way as the story progresses--a method far less efficient and reliable. I wish that time were my only problem, as it seems to be for Seegee and the other old pros on this board.

Mads
Male Author

Denmark
#15 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 15:25
I agree with many: Inspiration is around us. Not that I'm inspired all the time, far from. But now and then – and it happened just today before I saw this thread. A small incident which could develop into a story:

When I arrived at work this morning, I met a female colleague of mine standing at the coffee machine in, well - not very tight - but yet close fitting jeans; looking very attractive, greeting me with a lovely smile and a "Good morning". I had to suppress my immediate desire to say: "Good morning. You bottom looks great!" – being rather gentleman like I only did say "good morning". Most of the morning I did wonder how she would have reacted, if I had praised her well formed bottom. Should I afterward tell her she almost was subject to sexual harassment from me, because she looked so cute? Did we both miss something because of my inhibition?

Driving home I developed the idea more. A possible conversation between us and ... I better stop here and write down all my small ideas to maybe write a story soon.

My best story of mine I think was a fantasy what could have happened on a trip many years ago, had circumstances been differently.

I'm not very productive in writing spanking stories. Yet I find that if we are open enough inspiration is around us.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 17:14
I agree that inspiration is everywhere and sometimes comes in unexpected packages. I have been inspired by nature, a national park, a sunset, or the moon; by dreams and daydreams, the what-if's; by events or people in my life. One of my stories was based on a cowboy I saw at the racetrack, one on my hair stylist, and the latest on a TV commercial. I have more ideas and more loose outlines than I will probably ever be able to write - it's the spankings themselves that are hard.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#17 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 17:25
I tend to pick a thought that I am interested in - a daydream, a smooth alcoholic drink, an idyllic setting.... Typically it is not spanking related - and then churn it around and around in my mind until I come up with a compelling story.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#18 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 18:02
RyanRowland:
I was trying to write a Christmas story for flopsy also. But it wouldn't flow. I tried to force it but couldn't make it work. When I got near the conclusion, I couldn't come up with a good ending that fit the characters, and went I went back and read through it, the scenario felt contrived and clichéd. I decided it was better to give up and scrap it than submit a poor quality story.

Exactly what happened to me.

spankingtheatre
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 20:18
Write because you need to write.
Write because you feel almost primal urge to transcribe the imagery in your imagination. To make it permanent before it dissipates.

An idea tumbling from the fiery forge is when it's at its most intense. We writers witness the brilliance of an idea's initial glow, something we can never quite express to readers in our words, no matter how articulate and loquacious we might be. We have the honour of fashioning ideas to our whim, thrilling in a shower of sparks as we hammer our stories into shape.

Inspiration is not about plots, settings or twists - it's an energy, a passion.
A writer inspired could make the view from their window a riveting read, or the walk down their street a thrilling adventure.
Connect to your passion and your voice will sing, and your stories will flow.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 2 Oct 2013 21:20
Mads:
When I arrived at work this morning, I met a female colleague of mine standing at the coffee machine in, well - not very tight - but yet close fitting jeans; looking very attractive, greeting me with a lovely smile and a "Good morning". I had to suppress my immediate desire to say: "Good morning. You bottom looks great!" – being rather gentleman like I only did say "good morning". Most of the morning I did wonder how she would have reacted, if I had praised her well formed bottom. Should I afterward tell her she almost was subject to sexual harassment from me, because she looked so cute? Did we both miss something because of my inhibition?

Exactlly what I mean by inspiration being all around us. The militancy about "sexual harassment" in the workplace these days and the involvement of HR in such things is ripe for exploration for spanking stories. Perhaps she goes to HR and files an informal complaint against you. The HR lady is a spanko and she offers you a choice of being spanked or being fired. Or perhaps they're in cahoots to get over their knees. Or perhaps she smiles and thanks you and you take it a bit further and say she should be spanked just for looking so sexy at work and she smiles again and says...

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 5
CarolinaPaddler, ebbetsjim, Steenabelle, TheStingfan, towncryer3921
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9