LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

The island of Miyajima

Fulgur
Male Author

Czech_Rep
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 8 Sep 2013 12:59
As some of you might know, I am currently traveling through Japan with my mother and some friends. Today, we've visited the island of Itsukushima, better known as Miyajima.
I was quite surprised by the sight: a souvenir shop filled with paddles, great and small.
Apparently (at least according to Wikipedia), a local monk invented a new type of wooden spoon for scooping rice. This item has achieved fame and is now sold in stores in all sizes - usually with a scene from the island or with a message in Japanese writing. Some messages, like "domestic bliss" or "love" are quite suggestive I myself got a "victory" one.

The biggest spoon (you can take your picture with it) is about 3-5 meters in length. With this thing, the islanders could probably spank Godzilla into submission.

Try googling "miyajima spoon" for more information.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 8 Sep 2013 17:09
Fulgur:
Apparently (at least according to Wikipedia), a local monk invented a new type of wooden spoon for scooping rice. This item has achieved fame and is now sold in stores in all sizes - usually with a scene from the island or with a message in Japanese writing. Some messages, like "domestic bliss" or "love" are quite suggestive

It seems like the island may be missing out on a huge potential export opportunity.

Have you found any Japanese spanking literature or other obvious signs of local interest in the "English vice"?

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 8 Sep 2013 19:49
Fulgur. Thanks for this as I have a pic of the spoon your referring too in a slide show I have on Spank. Now if you can find yourself some 'pillow' books you will answer your own question. Yes they do have the tradition though I think they are more into sticks that look and act like cane's rather than the American Paddle traditions.

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 20:41
The rice paddle is a traditional Japanese kitchen utensil. They do make wicked spanking paddles but the average Japanese would probably never think of it in that context.

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 9
fanman52, icedtea198, LawnDawg
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9