library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story CONTEST! Need to know if there is interest....

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 29 May 2010 15:38
There hasn't been any response on the story contest. Is there any interest out there? Is the topic lame? Let's have a little feed back guys!!!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 29 May 2010 15:43
Well, dear, you know MY suggestion, which would either draw the prospective participants in droves, OR, lead me to conclude they don't DESERVE a story contest here. But I'll let everyone else the opportunity to make suggestions first. (how's that for a pompous attitude?)

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 29 May 2010 15:47
I'm interested! Are there going to be any other parameters, aside from the theme?

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 29 May 2010 17:09
I think a word limit on entries would be a good idea: it makes the competition more fair (don't have to compare short-short stories with novels), and adds to the challenge!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 29 May 2010 17:53
Just to add .. I'm hoping to have some software written for this, or any other future short story contests, that will allow any of the site users to be able to vote on them as well as making the stories available without the author name being revealed (that's the theory anyway) .. at least until the story contest is finished at which point they'll be shown once again. Further updates later.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 29 May 2010 18:09
Februs:
.. I'm hoping to have some software written for this,

Oh good, I was beginning to worry that you didn't have enough to do, as slow as this place has been of late.

kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 29 May 2010 19:07
I think a word limit would be a good thing. Say no more then 2000 or 3000 words?

I know Rick has suggested writing about a movie already in place..using the same characters but making it into a sequel, omitted scene, parody or retelling it with spanking added.... No new characters added....

The title would have the word 'spanking' somewhere in it.....example: Spanking the Princess Bride

***Would this topic be more suitable??

I appreciate the feedback! I really appreciate FEBRUS for working so hard on the software!!

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 30 May 2010 14:51
One problem with the movie idea: if the reader hasn't seen the movie, the story is likely to seem confusing or pointless (or at least lose its zing ...)

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 30 May 2010 16:11
It's your contest, Katie, but I think seeing as it's the first attempt at trying to do such a thing on here I'd be inclined to keep it as simple as possible with as broad a scope as possible so why not just go with a theme of "Summer Holidays" this time round ... and maybe use the "movie" theme subsequently for another one ?

kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 30 May 2010 16:32
Sounds great! Summer Vacation theme it is. Hope all of you wonderful authors out there will participate! Let's make it really exciting by having lots of entries!
Katie B.

Due Date: June 25th

Topic: Summer Vacation

Word Limit: 2500

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 9
feelgoodinc, ristoarro, Seegee, spanker30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9