LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Latest Stories List

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 27 May 2010 14:37
Have you ever ventured into a bakers shop during late afternoon, where all the unsold cakes and cream buns and gooey pastries are put on the counter and sold off at half price or less? Eeveryone swoops down, elbowing each other out of the way in the rush to grab the buns!

Well, it's the same with the Latest Stories list. As soon as new titles go up there, everyone pounces and devours them

... which is great - but don't forget that there are thousands of excellent stories that are getting few reads because they were added to the library ages back, and people have forgotten about them. So if you have enjoyed a story which has appeared in the latest list, why not visit that authors 'Author Page' to see what else they have written, or have a stab at the 'Lucky Dip' and see what you get. You can also search to find stories featuring your preferred orientation and favourite spanking implement.

Anyway - out of my way folks - I'm first in the queue for the new stuff

elisa
Female Member

England
#2 | Posted: 28 May 2010 14:15
I totally agree with flopsybunny here!

As a CI validator I'm mostly reading the older stories in the library, as they are the ones that are validated but do not have content icons yet. There is a huge amount of fabulous stories with hardly any reads out there! So please everyone, do not not read a story just because it has only 50 reads!!!

I would strongly advise everyone to follow flopsy's great advise. If you like an older story that you've read, please write a comment so that it show's up in the last commented list, which invites other people to read it too. Or become a CI validator and read loads of fun stories while helping make the library as accessible as possible!

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 29 May 2010 18:41
I also have to agree with this. There is an incredible wealth of stories here, including some real gems that haven't gotten anywhere nearly enough attention.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 30 May 2010 19:13
Maybe people could create a new thread called 'Pick of the Day' where you comment on a story you have really enjoyed (one that was not found via the latest stories list!)

Hopefully that sort of recommendation would help to get people reading some of the 'gems' that we have tucked away in dusty corners of the library

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 May 2010 19:58
I know that there are stories, that are old, by good authors. I started to go down the list of authors, starting with "A". Right now, I am looking for the older stories. Some of these stories have not been read and have "no comments" to them. Some of these authors have written on one or two stories, long ago. These authors never wrote again. That is a shame. Is there any way to list these old stories by date. The "latest" only have so much.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 30 May 2010 20:06
I'm always surprised by the view / comment levels when I look at the Goodgulf part of the library. For example, there's one series where part 2 has far more views than either part 1 or part 3. Now seeing plenty of views for part 1, fewer views for part 2, and so on - that makes sense. People saw part 1 and decided that it wasn't what they were looking for, but for part 2 to have the most views...

That there are stories that two or three people have selected as favourites, yet lack comments, that's another surprise...

I long ago stop trying to make sense of views and comments.

Goodgulf

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 30 May 2010 20:15
Sebastian:
Is there any way to list these old stories by date. The "latest" only have so much.

There is a way, Sebastian.

If you click on the Search button, and then without typing in any search terms, click Search at the bottom of the form, the search will retrieve all the stroies in the library. What you do then is click on the Added button - the results will then be shown oldest first. You can toggle by clicking the Added button again, so that newest stories are presented first.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 30 May 2010 20:48
How about a 'Golden Oldies' page? It could have several sections. Perhaps the head librarian ( or better yet, a rotating group of staff memebrs or regular readers) would have the chance to pick maybe ten favorites stories, and/or a series, all of which had been posted say, at least 6 months before, that could be identified as 'flopsy's picks' (or whoever the selecter was). (I've seen this idea used at video stores for older movies, back before they all started going out of business). There could also be an 'Author's corner' where a particular author could list 3-5 of his/her favorite older stories (ones he'she feels haven't been given the attention they deserve). Every week the page could be changed, with the third section on the page being links back to the pages for earlier weeks. Perhaps readers generally could be given the ability to niminate stories; if the programming isn;'t too difficult, a third button could be added to the bottom of the stories over the established age (next to the 'Favorites' and ';comment on story' buttons) that's called 'nominate as golden oldie.'

The library is SO big, and SO successful, with perhaps too many choices of what to read next, that I'm sure many readers would find it helpful for such a page to steer them to the best of the older material.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 30 May 2010 21:07
njrick:
How about a 'Golden Oldies' page?

This kind of thing can be done right now using the Forum ... but I've no plans to do any more programming for aiding story selection at this time. Besides, the "age" of the stories hasn't been recorded or entered for any of the stories, merely the date of loading. The library site currently takes a huge amount of time to maintain and administer and we simply don't have any more time or capacity for yet further tasks. It's not as if there aren't a whole pile of facilities already available for deciding what to read including:

1. The ability to search using a whole battery of different parameters and sort the results by numerous means.

2. Synopses for the vast majority of stories.

3. Ability to list all the works by any particular author.

4. A table showing stories that have received the most comments.

5. A table showing stories that have been marked as "favourite" the most times.

6. A list showing which stories have been last read.

7. The ability to see what others are reading via the Activity page and to click on the titles to read the same stories.

8. A list showing which stories have been most recently commented on.

But if anyone wants to start a Golden Oldies thread on the forum or promote their own stories or those of other authors they are more than welcome to do so.

Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 4
Adam4824, ebbetsjim, Fokus014, Jackmydaw, Jdavis, lesni, mobblers, Officefan, sidelines, Smoke99, ThomasPetersen, wilmur408
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9