The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Bad Comments

Page  Page 8 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#71 | Posted: 4 Oct 2013 02:27
blimp:
I realise of course that one may get the odd negative post. It never bothers me but I do object to people trying to impose their morality on others. This was I believe Lawrence's original objection

Blimp

I am sorry but I have to ask. Is what you object to, not exactly what Lawrence's original objection tried to do? Just asking because it makes me wonder.

blimp
Male Author

England
#72 | Posted: 4 Oct 2013 16:04
canadianspankee:
I am sorry but I have to ask. Is what you object to, not exactly what Lawrence's original objection tried to do? Just asking because it makes me wonder.

Sorry I am not sure I understand your question CS! I think you must have a little gremlin in your keyboard.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#73 | Posted: 4 Oct 2013 17:13
My comments about the way a story is written is most often about the Character(s). I would never intentionally belittle or point out how awful a story is from the author's point of view. Not my cup of tea, but a well written story is the worst they'll probably get from me, and I've seen this type of comment by others a few times since I've been here. If someone wants my advice they can surely ask, but I'm not going to point out flaws in the open on a comment for all to see. This I don't see very often. As with my comments, most readers and authors who comment, comment about the Character(s) and not the style.

I applaud those who have the courage to write something they enjoy, and the courage to send it in to be posted for the LSF public to read.

kov
Male Member

USA
#74 | Posted: 4 Oct 2013 17:54
I think comments that criticize a story based on its genre rather than focusing specifically on the particular story are inappropriate. If a story raises special issues above and beyond what are normally found in similar stories, it can be appropriate to write comments that specifically address the special issues. But it is a violation of basic standards of civility to intrude into a story's comments page just to express a negative opinion of the genre the story is part of. Specifically, it is a kind of heckling, with people who dislike something intruding into and disrupting a place where people who like it are trying to get together to share their mutual interest. If people want to discuss the reasons why they hold a negative view toward a particular type of story, the right place to do it is in the forum, not in comments on particular stories.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#75 | Posted: 4 Oct 2013 19:41
blimp:
I am not sure I understand your question CS!

What am I asking, is not trying to control what others put in their comments in many ways trying to impose one's morality or standards on those commenting?

cs

blimp
Male Author

England
#76 | Posted: 4 Oct 2013 20:05
canadianspankee:
What am I asking, is not trying to control what others put in their comments in many ways trying to impose one's morality or standards on those commenting?

If I have it correct you are suggesting that controlling comments is in fact trying to impose ones morality on those commenting. Well I had never thought of it like that. You may have a point. However I have never suggested any censoring of comments. I am merely expressing the hope that those who wish to impose their moral view of the world on the rest of us think twice. Anyway we are going round in circles. Hopefully we can agree to disagree. It's meant to be a recipe for a happy marriage!!

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#77 | Posted: 5 Oct 2013 01:29
Well, this is very interesting. I was away from the LSF for about a week ( longest since I first started in four years) and I am now reading a threat about comments.
I think that a bad comment is one that is outright disgusting. The commenter criticises the authors writing, plot and anything else with a vulgar attitude. That's terrible. It should be done with some good taste and good criticism.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#78 | Posted: 5 Oct 2013 01:52
I haven't really weighed into this, but I think a bad comment is one that is harshly critical yet is not at all constructive. I find many reviewers outside of the LSF are often like this. They're reviewing professionally written and sold material, but there's simply no need for the often insulting terms they use to describe a book and sometimes personal attacks on the author.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#79 | Posted: 5 Oct 2013 02:29
blimp:
Hopefully we can agree to disagree. It's meant to be a recipe for a happy marriage!!

Yes I entirely agree with you blimp on that issue. I also agree that this issue is going in circles, and getting nowhere as the vast majority of us commentators are stubborn enough to comment anyway we want to anyway...LOL

Comment as you like people, and for the 1% of the comments that cause any concern. let the authors deal directly with the commenter on any issues that arise via the popup system.

CS (over and out on this issue)

Page  Page 8 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 2
AltanativeFTW, arsdigita, cady09, druidicone, hausfrau, Hotscot, johnblack7412, Mcdonald112358, meyer, Rfothergill, SBHansa
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9