Male Author

USA
#31 | Posted: 9 Aug 2013 02:04
I agree 110% with LK.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#32 | Posted: 9 Aug 2013 10:05
I think people should be able to say if they don't enjoy a story, and why. Of course it should be done politely and hopefully it may lead to an exchange between the author and commenter and perhaps an understanding may be reached.

Some comments are just slightly odd... in the last challenge someone wrote on one of my entries. 'Good story but instead of spanking her, he should have talked to her'. At first I felt really frustrated about it but in the end I just replied... 'I will bear that in mind next time I an writing a SPANKING story...' with a winky smiley...

At the end of the day we are never all going to agree on everything!

I guess my only exception to this is when someone doesn't like, for instance, M/M stories but continues to read them and comment on how they don't like them... If you don't like a certain genre don't read it, there are enough ways of avoiding doing so on here!

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 9 Aug 2013 11:06
DLandhill:
But "This story was a sack of S**t" isn't helpful.

Hey, a great idea for my next title! Thanks, Don.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#34 | Posted: 9 Aug 2013 15:08
PinkAngel:
'Good story but instead of spanking her, he should have talked to her'.

I don't know. Somehow, The Library of Time-Out Fiction just doesn't have the same pizzaz as what we have now.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#35 | Posted: 9 Aug 2013 17:04
Like Sebastian, I hadn't read the story, but after reading the comments decided to give it a try.

I couldn't see anything upsetting or objectionable in the story. On the contrary, I read a sweet and rather tasteful story about children giving in to a fantasy that to my knowledge is quite common. I lived it when I was 9 and since whenever I had the chance.

On other hand, I also couldn't see disrespectful comments. Readers that don't like spankings associated to minors, expressed their discomfort in a subdued way and quite a lot praised the author for his well written story.

Just my two cents.

blimp
Male Author

England
#36 | Posted: 9 Aug 2013 19:31
KJM:
Readers that don't like spankings associated to minors, expressed their discomfort in a subdued way and quite a lot praised the author for his well written story.

I don't think anyone was impolite but I didn't think the criticism that subdued either.

sefirozu
Male Author

Mexico
#37 | Posted: 12 Aug 2013 18:36
Perhaps I arrived a little late to the discussion...

First of all, I'd like to thank everybody for reading the story, and for the unexpectedly large amount of comments it received (I imagine this thread had something to do with it.)

When I first saw LK's comment on the story, I braced myself, expecting some nasty criticism waiting for me further down the comment line. I was surprised to find very few, very respectful and discrete comments made by people to whom the story was unsettling.

To LK I'd like to say that since those comments were never openly judgemental, and were the honest, respectful opinions of those who wrote them, I must accept them as their view on my work.

To those who didn't like the story, I wanted to say that I chose to write this story simply because it rang true to me. It was never meant to be risqué, or to cause any controversy. i believe that some of us like to read spanking stories involving children because our fascination with spanking is infantile in nature. It's the inner child that we carry with us that somehow cross wired spanking with pleasure and affection; it's that inner child that revels in reading about children giving and receiving spankings. It could be compared to fantasizing about returning to the seventh grade to kiss the girl you liked, but never talked to. It doesn't make you a pedophile; it doesn't mean you'd like to kiss a 13 year old. It's just a fantasy that we keep in our hearts, and when we visit that fantasy, we visualize ourselves as our younger versions, in their own state of mind. I'm sorry you didn't like it, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it.

To all those who did like the story, I hope to be able to write another one soon. My life has been quite busy lately, and I can't spend as much time writing as I would like. Nevertheless, once a fresh idea pops up, I'll give it a go.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if I was deliberately risqué...

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#38 | Posted: 12 Aug 2013 19:13
sefirozu:
hose comments were never openly judgemental, and were the honest, respectful opinions of those who wrote them, I must accept them as their view on my work.

First off here I disagree, the comments were not about your work at all except that the story contained minor children which will always affect some people, that is simply life. The comments had nothing to do with your 'work' in the sense that you wrote the story up to the Library's high standards and we all appreciate the 'work' in that sense.

sefirozu:
I'm sorry you didn't like it, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Good for you, that is something I can agree with entirely. Whatever story you write, if you like it and it is accepted for the site, then stick to it and let everyone make their own decision about the story. We all like views and comments but come down to it, we must write what we want to regardless of how otthers feel about the story.

sefirozu:
Now I'm wondering what would happen if I was deliberately risqué...

Likely nothing would happen, it is rare for one particular story to hit the forum like this one did. LOL

CS

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#39 | Posted: 13 Aug 2013 03:12
sefirozu:
It doesn't make you a pedophile; it doesn't mean you'd like to kiss a 13 year old.

Here is a comment that is slightly off topic. It bothers me when people use words incorrectly, pedophile is one of those which is often misused. A pedophile is a person who is sexually attracted to children below the age of puberty. Someone attracted to young teens past puberty is not a pedophile.

Another often misused term is vagina when often the person really means vulva. Example: "I saw her vagina". You can't see a vagina without a medical instrument since it is the interior passage leading to the cervix. The exterior bits are the vulva.

catmama
Female Member

USA
#40 | Posted: 13 Aug 2013 03:15
At first I wasn't going to comment, but then, of course, I always comment so here goes. When I read a story, I don't make judgement about the author as a person I read the story and evaluate the story. We have some of the most creative and inventive authors here and I don't think for a minute they are writing about their own lives. There are stories which teach me, stories which excite me, stories which make me laugh and stories which make me uncomfortable and I try to be honest with my comments to the author about how their work affected me. I will admit, that when I first began here a little over a year ago,more often than not the stories with sex made me uncomfortable, I mean, afterall I am a 64 year old women living in the Bible-belt of the U.S., went to a woman's college and have lived a very sheltered life, but I have grown and become more open and accepting from my reading in the library and have learned so much! As long as the reader is honest and sincere in their comments I would think that any comment would be welcome, and might actually open up a dialogue which would benefit both the author and reader.

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 10
fanman52, FiddlersGreen, icedtea198, insonia, LawnDawg, Otkbbs51, tocciek, Tom360
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9